Tricast John Allerton match waggler

corixa

Reaction score
I often use the 18'/20' rod on canals in conjunction with a centrepin reel and pole rigs. Even with side shipping pole sections on busy stretches of towpath, I end up a nervous wreck with the speed of cyclists and the towpath width. Considering the price of the rod and Tricasts reputation the handle isn't good. I find it uncomfortable and the thread behind the reel attracts groundbait or liquidised bread. I've toyed with the idea of having a new butt made with something like the Drennan arrangement. The other disappointment was the rod bag it comes in. Very poor quality. The action of the rod however makes up for this. Absolutely brilliant.

mikench

Reaction score
My 13' version is great save for the réel seat. It's the only one on more than 40 rods I find uncomfortable. For that reason alone I don't use it much.

Reaction score
My 13' version is great save for the réel seat. It's the only one on more than 40 rods I find uncomfortable. For that reason alone I don't use it much.

Blimey,forty rods Mike,have you heard of ebay? I've owned a hellava lot of rods,but always sell some when I find i'm not using them,i've regretted selling a couple,but in the main not...

mikench

Reaction score
I've had a lot of catching up to do Alan. That total includes lure rods and sea rods. I need just a few more to say to myself I've had the full experience. ;)

Reaction score
I've around twenty four,two are Hardy fibreglass memory building rods with only sentimental value,the rest are beachcasters,spinning rods,Avon/barbel rods,feeder rods,float rods and fly rods,which are all used,or might be used...

Reaction score
Great fun,the only reason I stopped going was my friend I fished with lost interest and I find it much more enjoyable whilst having a break to have a chinwag,the fishing itself is quite tiring if your continually casting all day....