What do the E.A do for me?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
my river of choice the middle Thames has fished appalingly for at least 2 years and this year your lucky to get a bite and i for one would like the EA to give a little of their time(as i partially pay for it)to give genuine reasons why,

Alan, the EA have conducted several soundings and nettings along the Thames. Stocks seem to be OK, but for the lack of dace, which no one can explain. It's not the E Europeans either, but the EA cannot possibly answer the question as to why we can't get bites.

I fish a weirpool that should, by rights, be so full of fish you could walk across it on their backs. Yet, not a sighting. Just one barbel caught this year and no chub of any size. Three years ago it was going mad.

It's a mystery to everyone. I am as disappointed as you, for example yesterday - 1 small dace barely scraping 1 oz and 4 minnows from 3½ hours trotting. Not even a bleak and yet on the radar they are there. Strange.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Woody,
No i am not an individual member of the AT and never will be, I have made that clear from the start of the AT, but the AT have nothing to do with what Steve is talking about.

Steve asked what he got for his licence money, and all you seem to have done is have a go at him for no good reason, I said the bit about the AT to see what Steve might have to say about his £20, he lives in hope, as all AT members do.

Steve,
give your local EA office a call, ask if they have any weekend workshops going on, well worth the time, even if you can only do one or two.

You may end up doing work parties, helping with netting etc, but you will also be given plenty of information regarding your area. I am sure you will see a different side to the EA than you do now.

preston96

Reaction score
Just a litle question that may or may not have relavence.......full time job,what is that?

It could be that nice little number on the local authority, roll up at 9.am, work lunch and flex off at 3pm.

Or it could be that trucker who leaves the house at 4am Monday morning and comes back about midday on the following Saturday!!

There are plenty inbetweens.............some just do not have the time or energy Jeff.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
As a fully paid up liscence holder,steve has every right to question what he is getting in return for his hard earned money,especially when he sees the area of river he feels so passionately about in decline.
As a fully paid up member of the "AT" he would have the right to ask quiestions and voice concearns.
It`s his democratic right.

It`s also ray`s democratic right not to join the trust and he shouldn`t be criticised for making that choice.

Steve,let us know how you get on,if you contact the EA about local working parties.

Last edited: