Barbel Fishing – The Pope’s River Diary: January

Rich Frampton

Reaction score
Well it did me....... I have had enough of this horse sh*t.
Steve is a mate of mine....I care about the BS.....so what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cg74

Reaction score
I wouldn't be supprised if it isn't someone using a new identity that we know. :/

You'll never learn will you?

Can substantiate your claim?

I think not, so why not ignore it and things will smoothly ride past barely noticed....

Have a go at me if you wish, I'm not harming something I enjoy being apart of, can you say the same??

dezza

Reaction score
Oh Dear,

There is nothing wrong with my friend Steve Pope. Steve is obviously a self confessed fanatical barbel angler who is passionate about the BS and I see nothing wrong with that. What I do object to is those of you on this thread who throw around insults from behind silly pseudonyms.

If you do not have the courage to use your real name, then not only myself, but many others will have no respect for you. If you are not prepared to put up, shut up!

And Magnus Barbus, please split your post into paragraphs, attempting to read it has given me a headache in more ways than one.

strikerbw

Reaction score
Has all this bickering given you paranoias? My name is Ben whitehouse, hence the 'bw' in strikerbw. If you look back at BS forums from 2 years ago you would have seen me post on the Teme thread . I very occasionally post on bfw. I have nothing to hide, I'm not a keyboard warrior. Check bs membership from previous years.
I left cause of all this politics. People would not respond to my posts on bs forum when I inquired about things as an inexperienced barbel angler yet there would be pages of posts with arguing about this and that. Also if I'm being honest the multiple instances of the Bonney /frampton v the world was getting on my nerves. I go fishing cause I live fishing, not sitting behind a screen giving it the big one! Ive only just posted on this site but I see nothing has changed. Different site/same s**t.
And so now I have clarified who I am maybe you could answer my question...... Why is membership now in its "hundreds" instead of "thousands"?
I know Of other ppl who left for same reason as me and I'm sure others think of doing it .
Just don't rise to it and get on with some fishing. It's not even the close season yet!

Bw

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I wouldn't be supprised if it isn't someone using a new identity that we know. :/

As of now (17:40ish - almost 4 hours later) the FM systems have not identified that members first post as anything but a genuine opinion from a genuine member (albeit became a member some time ago).

By "we" I assume you refer to the Barbel Society or friends of yours?

The almost constant suspicion is very tiring (and I do know most of the history and some of the individuals involved).

If you have your suspicions then a PM to one of the Moderators would be extremely useful and, in my opinion, the right course of action.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

And so now I have clarified who I am maybe you could answer my question...... Why is membership now in its "hundreds" instead of "thousands"?

I cannot speak for the BS but I assume they would, quite rightly, only give an answer to that question to current BS members.

richiekelly

Reaction score
If the membership of the BS is falling then wouldnt it make more sense for the BS officers who are so vocal on here to be wondering why membership is falling ( if it is falling but it hasnt been denied ) and trying to do something about it.

There has been a lot of good advice given on this thread which has been mostly ignored and now we have an ex member giving his reasons for leaving, if i was considering joining the BS ( which i am not ) the constant jumping to the defence of someone who can probably look after himself and any small difference of opinion about the BS from anyone would have made my mind up for me, i would not join and i would bet i wouldnt be the only one.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I recently cut my finger - it bled a little and stung for a few seconds but nothing life threatening , or even danger that I'd lose a finger - just a little cut

It scabbed over nicely and after a day or 2 started to iche, then foolishly I picked the scab and it bled and stung a little again

THis cycle has kept repeating with me not learnng to leave the scab alone so it just fades away - instead I'm left with a nasty scab that looks like it may be infected and I'll probably have a small scar on my finger for life - again nothing very serious by it will always be there

next time I get a scab I'm leaving it well alone - and I'll also cover it to stop others irritating it

chav professor

Reaction score
I recently cut my finger - it bled a little and stung for a few seconds but nothing life threatening , or even danger that I'd lose a finger - just a little cut

It scabbed over nicely and after a day or 2 started to iche, then foolishly I picked the scab and it bled and stung a little again

THis cycle has kept repeating with me not learnng to leave the scab alone so it just fades away - instead I'm left with a nasty scab that looks like it may be infected and I'll probably have a small scar on my finger for life - again nothing very serious by it will always be there

next time I get a scab I'm leaving it well alone - and I'll also cover it to stop others irritating it

Is this story analogous to the way Barbel bickering threads head - Quickly:D

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my farmer giles, Paul. I can't help picking and scratching. I'm caught in a cycle. Would you suggest that I try not to pick and scratch and try to ignore the irritation?

trigga

Reaction score
Read in to it what you will :D;)

What Rich and Fred have is a rash, not a cut. It started out as just small patch of irritating skin but instead of sorting it out they scratched it relentlessly. In doing so the rash has spread, the more they scratch the more little patches become irritated. Hopefully one day they will take a proper look at the rash, realise it's not just one small patch that they thought it was, turn the laptop off and go to the doctors to get it sorted out.

Simon K

Reaction score

Rich, bearing in mind Neil's "Mod" response to this post (and I seem to recall the Mods have said before that multiple-user accounts are no longer tolerated or allowed on FM now), this is exactly the attitude I was referring to in the other thread. Knee-jerk reaction without thinking of the wider consequences and implications. And not a shred of humility when you're shown to be wrong.

You (and Fred) may think you're playing to a very small gallery of regular forum posters, but you're not.

There are not only thousands of people who read these posts who are NOT FM logged members (plus the thousands who are) but these posts are up here for posterity too. Remember the phrase "the silent majority"?

Now multiply Ben's comments as a new poster by the 10 times that number that think the same, but aren't members.

How many potential members might have been lost thanks to this paranoid attitude displayed by the pair of you?

Respond in haste, repent at leisure.

I wouldn't tolerate any of my staff behaving like this in front of the public.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A good day editing the next Barbel Fisher.

Ben, there were never "thousands" of members.
From memory the membership, when you were involved, was lower than it is now.

That's all I'm saying on this subject.