Folded Reel Handles - WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The bad one

Reaction score
Anyway where's Eddie C with the crisps? Note the correct placing with the ' as we are now being pedantically grammatically correct :D

retrobob

Reaction score
Perhaps it is a way of challenging your own angling skills by having to unfold and engage the handle before striking. The really competent 'Geezer Anglers' store their reel handles in their tackle bag, when they get a run they have to rummage through their bag, refit it, then think about hitting the run...... :wh

'Geezer angler', what a perfect description! I wonder if the next dumb fad will be to fish with one handle to the left and one to the right to make it symmetrical?

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I fish with all my handles to the right

. . . nope, on the left for me . . . . .

peter-jacobs-albums-snetterton-2010-picture2024-worldwide-rod-pod.html

. . . . and the handles are neither folded nor are they all in a line with each other . . . grrrrr!

Maybe I am just not a proper-carpa?

But I 'ave dun a firty

Last edited:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
FFS Ray, just buy a proper buzz bar and stop faffing about with the handles, a man of your age should know better.

Reaction score
Maybe narrow, custom built buzz bars that are too short to house two reels are originally made for fishing two poles or whips.

It would certainly explain why they are so short.

cg74

Reaction score
Pathetic, and they say the youth of today have no respect, if the quoted post is the truth then it looks like the middle aged are the ones with the problem.

How do you think this thread, and in particular your responses to it, look to a casual surfer just looking in for a bit of general fishing chit chat?

10,000+ posts and this is the best you can come up with; Pah, you should be ashamed.

Edit, The odd looking full stop comma thing is a semi colon, look it up if it's got you confused.

Too true, embarrassingly so!

Some really do need to think before they leap (or post).

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Pathetic, and they say the youth of today have no respect, if the quoted post is the truth then it looks like the middle aged are the ones with the problem.

How do you think this thread, and in particular your responses to it, look to a casual surfer just looking in for a bit of general fishing chit chat?

10,000+ posts and this is the best you can come up with; Pah, you should be ashamed.

Edit, The odd looking full stop comma thing is a semi colon, look it up if it's got you confused.

Been away for a few days, nothing changed same old same old.

Well you kept looking in, didn't you.

Strange when members get hooked they don't like it. Seen it and heard it all before, pathetic, but you can't help that.

As for Corky and nice pic.

You two need to get some facts right, you have repeated yourselves more than me, and you two were the first to start any form of abuse.

No doubt you will take this bait as easy as the rest.

Now there is a film i need To watch, has you two in it, Dumb and Dumber.

Nicepic, your not a very good Troll.

I hear a Screamer coming .

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Maybe narrow, custom built buzz bars that are too short to house two reels are originally made for fishing two poles or whips.

It would certainly explain why they are so short.

No Dumb Ar$e, made for two smaller reels, but then I forgot, you don't read the posts correctly.

Found out about folded reel handles yet, or still worrying like hell about them. Sad Man.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

You seem to be admitting to spoiling the thread, for some sort of personal gratification. This is not Bait Box, it's (notice the use of the apostrophe) the general fishing forum, for general fishing questions, answers and discussion. There for all to see.

Yep, and a dumb question that should have been in bait box, or never asked in the first place. But then maybe you think folded reel handles will catch you more fish.:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek::wh

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

YOU let US off lightly? :eek:mg:

Obviously we are in the presence of an intellectual genius who operates on a different wavelength to we mere mortals. I look forward to your next enthralling explanation of something you know nothing about.

Its clear you know nothing about the subject.

You don't have to be a genius to catch you out, just a mortal. What police force was it you were in ??? The Keystone Cops.:eek:mg:: makes sense.

zZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ZzzzzzZZzzzzZzZzZz The End

Status
Not open for further replies.