Lower itchen fishery

Windy

Reaction score
24th good and confirm for me please.

Going off to sleep in the half open chest freezer in a mo, just to start acclimatisation training....

barbelboi

Reaction score
24th good and confirm for me please.

Going off to sleep in the half open chest freezer in a mo, just to start acclimatisation training....

Don't forget to cuddle your;) brolly
Jerry
PS Please confirm me too Peter.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay guys, all booked for Saturday, November 24th.

You are allowed on the river at 08:00 (after vermin control ) until dusk, or when too wet or too cold to continue.

The cost this year was £24.50 each.

I have paid the £122.50 for:
Jerry
Frothy
Peter (Simon)
Windy
Itsfishingnot catching

Will see you then early on the day.

Tight lines

Windy

Reaction score
Will be there and square....

Third time lucky for a decent Grayling I hope.

Broke my duck on the species with the smallest possible brace of two two ouncers, now time to cross fingers for something visible with the naked eye for a change.

By no coincidence at all I have also just invested in an enormous waterproof thick double fleece lined winter camo jacket ;). With room inside for three layers of fleece :D

Now let's all watch for the unseasonably unexpected heatwave on the 24th :cool:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Will be there and square....

Third time lucky for a decent Grayling I hope.

Broke my duck on the species with the smallest possible brace of two two ouncers, now time to cross fingers for something visible with the naked eye for a change.

By no coincidence at all I have also just invested in an enormous waterproof thick double fleece lined winter camo jacket ;). With room inside for three layers of fleece :D

Now let's all watch for the unseasonably unexpected heatwave on the 24th :cool:

Have you replaced the gloves you lost last time?
Jerry
PS The forecast isn't too bad if they're right.

frothy

Reaction score
Thanks and looking forward to it, see you all Saturday.

Last edited:

Windy

Reaction score
PS The forecast isn't too bad if they're right.

"If they're right...."

That's a big if. Again :(

It's all very well joking about being a weather Jonah but a look outside the front door (before it is wrenched out of my hands by the mistral), a glance at the raging fury pounding down my local river and then the updated weather forecast for Saturday.... It just isn't funny any more. Beginning to feel more than a little paranoid, to say the least.

barbelboi

Reaction score
"If they're right...."

That's a big if. Again :(

It's all very well joking about being a weather Jonah but a look outside the front door (before it is wrenched out of my hands by the mistral), a glance at the raging fury pounding down my local river and then the updated weather forecast for Saturday.... It just isn't funny any more. Beginning to feel more than a little paranoid, to say the least.

A big if? It's an impossible 'IF' - first it was forecast dry and sunny, then dry and cloudy now it's pi$$ing down with rain all day Saturday. I spoke with Clayton (the bailiff) this morning and the river was wild and high - with this lot coming down tonight it will probably be unfishable. I'm going to have a chat with him again in the morning but may well cut my losses on this one and post PJ a cheque.
Jerry
PS at least we now know Skippy isn't the jinxer;)

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
The river will be very high and rising. Worth keeping an eye on the EA site here for the trends:

Environment Agency - River Levels: Test and Itchen

Torrential rain here most of the afternoon and even heavier right now and all that will have passed over the upper Itchen on its way here. Sorry to say, but Saturday it will very likely be a raging flood and bank high at least.

Windy

Reaction score
with this lot coming down tonight it will probably be unfishable. I'm going to have a chat with him again in the morning but may well cut my losses on this one and post PJ a cheque.

I'd be grateful to know the Bailiff's view, bad enough wasting the money on the booking without doubling it for wasted petrol and bait....

PS at least we now know Skippy isn't the jinxer;)

Honestly, it isn't funny at all now, I am getting seriously paranoid about all this...

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

Mind you, I could perhaps make a second Cricketing career as England's fifth day twelfth man ?

Any time it seems like the match is lost I will just book a seat.
Job done....:wh