Lower itchen fishery

Windy

Reaction score
I'll post his opinion tomorrow after I've spoken to him.
Jerry

Cheers :thumbs:

Tho I'd prefer a less cheery looking thumb icon thingy to properly express my very very cheesed off feelings, been damn well looking forward to this.

A quick look at the Environment Agency thingy:

"The river level at Riverside Park is 2.42 metres.
This measurement was recorded at 23:30 on 22/11/2012.
The typical river level range for this location is between 1.40 metres and 1.65 metres.
The highest river level recorded at this location is 2.07 metres and the river level reached 2.07 metres on 03/11/2005".

So that's a new record high level then, oh joy.

Fat chance of that fining down by Saturday.

Damn damn damn.

[Edit]Not quite that bad higher up the Itchen, but still not good.

Last edited:

frothy

Reaction score
Had a look this morning on the way into work and it would unfishable on the float imho...will have another look on the way home.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Thanks frothy, just spoken to the bailiff and he confirms that it's 'unfishable' also with heavy rain forecast for most of tomorrow he recommends aborting the trip is the sensible option.
Jerry

frothy

Reaction score
Disappointing but for the best, i trust pj will get s full refund

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I just chatted with Lyndsay and she is prepared to give us another date, which is very good of her, usually it is use it or loose it

So, the available dates are:

December 1st and 2nd
December 9th and 16th

. . . and any Saturday in January but not the 12th.

So, let me know the consensus and I'll book another day.

Maximum is still for 5 people though

frothy

Reaction score
Any of these days good for me although sooner the better to make up for disapiontment.

Last edited:

Windy

Reaction score
Okay, I just chatted with Lyndsay and she is prepared to give us another date, which is very good of her, usually it is use it or loose it

That is very very good of them, LIF is a class act.

available dates are:
December 1st and 2nd
December 9th and 16th
and any Saturday in January but not the 12th.

I'm good for the first three of those December dates.

May be good for the 16th but will need to check with the Christmas staff timetabling at work before confirming. I suspect odds against, but not impossible, depends on others and imponderables at this stage.

And January, great, I'd really like two or three or even four bashes at the LIF this season, got the bit between my teeth after the last two years !

Cheers all

Jonah Jones

or is it Jones the Jonah :wh

barbelboi

Reaction score
1st or 2nd would be best - save me getting my gear out the car;)
Jerry
PS forecast looks OK as well

Windy

Reaction score
Funny how things turn out.... silver lining and all that.

Don't know how I did it but somehow I managed to pull a muscle in my left shoulder blade last night. Now I can hardly move my left arm without a stabbing pain across my back.

So even if it was sunny bright weather outside with no wind, no rain and the river suddenly miraculously dropped in height back down to babbling cheery normal I'd still have been hors de combat for today !

Quite unable to hold a rod comfortably, let alone fish all day... even sitting quietly on the sofa (at which I am Gold medal contender) is causing me painful twinges.

As I said, funny how it turns out.

Looking forward to the refixture tho, big time.

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Don't know how I did it but somehow I managed to pull a muscle in my left shoulder blade last night. Now I can hardly move my left arm without a stabbing pain across my back.

That happened to me once only it wasn't a pulled muscle...it was a collapsed lung. If it doesn't improve quickly get it seen to sharpish.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Jeez.... cheer me up somehow why doncha... :cool:

What troubles me is that misfortunes are said to come in threes.
Toothache, backache.... what lies ahead :eek:

Sorry Evan....I thought I'd pulled a muscle too and sprayed Ralgex on it for 3 days before I noticed that I was getting more and more breathless. Its called a "spontaneous pneumothorax" and for reasons they dont really understand tends to affect tall,athletic blokes in their 20,s and 30's so I wouldn't worry mate...you dont qualify ! :D

Windy

Reaction score
Weather forecast pretty bloody awful for the 1st and 2nd, driving sleet with a North Easterly wind.

Not much better for the 9th, tho of course the fact that it is that much further ahead means it is less likely to be accurate as a result of quantum uncertainty.

All liable to change tho, as we know the forecast for last saturday was ok up until late wednesday and even thursday on certain forecasters sites.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
As said, I'll go with the majority, SWMBO would prefer to visit our prospective Grandchild on Saturdays, so 9th and 16th could be OK for me. If people want to wait until January then that's fine as well

Ian