NFA Conference 2004

J

jason fisher

it was just one of the callers was called phil and he was talking about targeting big bream and i thought it might have been you.

they had some bloke called john wright on there right at the end who was reporting from the conference he said the NFA had changed their president and vice president and it was going to become a limited company.
personally i can't see how it can be any more limited but there you go.

there was one funny moment when asked what do the nfa do mr wright was at pains to say well they don't just organise matches.

W

Wolfman Woody

Proper accounts now, reporting to Companies House, Directors listing (hope none of them are bankrupts - not allowed), shareholders lists. full audited accounts. With 50 or more shareholders, if I remember, it would have to be a PLC.

Hey, just thought! If we got together enough cash we could take them over and put them into liquidation!!!

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

The original theme of this thread was a pertinent one and was worthy of debate but it got lost as a result of the perverve delight Johnn seems to take irritating most of the people most of the time. In that he as culpable of squandering opportunity as those he sought to criticise.

I hope you feel proud of your performance John; I can't remember seeing so much vitriole on an FM thread. You have indeed achieved a new low. Congratulations.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Murray, the only tosser on this site is you and it must be horrible for you to look in the mirror every morning and notice a hand job staring back at yourself."

Tedious talk, again.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

W

Wolfman Woody

You're right Andy, absolutely right.

The problem with some people when their statements are questioned is they just can't handle it. So they resort in the first part to calling the questioner "Stupid" - that was me got that one.

It descends until everyone not aggreeing with him is a ****** or a ********* or (I'm trying to keep this nice now for Graham's sake.) This is supposed to win friends and influence people.

Wakey, wakey, Wol! That's how cars end up in ditches. :eek:)

P

Phil Hackett 2

Jeff
If it's going for a company "Limited by Guarantee your spot on! However, if it’s a “Trust Limited by Guarantee” the rules are slightly different, as this status is handed out by the Charities Commission. Most large Charities are Trust Limited by Guarantee, they do have to produce published accounts and hold AGMs where they can be questioned by the supporters about there profitability or lack of it, etc.

They must have the usual Officers and a board of Trustees, who are limited in their liabilities if the trust goes under. Not sure of how many though. The normal limit of guarantee is ?1.They can also set up a trading arm as a standard Ltd Co where they the Charity are the sole shareholders. Any profit made is donated to the Trust. FOE operates like this, as does, I think, Greenpeace and others.

It’ll be interesting to see how they are proposing to set it up.

Not received any news yet about the two motions. I’ll make some enquiries tomorrow.

J

John Hepworth

Just a final word; I'm only glad that Matthew Black,or who ever, is not a delegate for anything I am involved with.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Andy , thanks for the info on the Moran Committee.Very helpful.Has the fisheries review reported as yet?

Do I take it that Mr Wright's silence means his motions were defeated?

W

Wolfman Woody

Graham told me he listened in to the radion programme on Sunday and John Wright didn't mention anything about it. I wonder why?

I gathering info from our clubs in the association and will start a new thread soon - watch for it.

W

Wolfman Woody

Just read Nigel's comments.

Perhaps someone has stuffed his motions in his mouth where all the sh** comes from.
Sorry Graham, I know I promised. I really will behave.. just can't resist it at times.

J

jason fisher

i listened to it he didn't mention the motions or the gudgeon society once.
he had to deal with nigel botherway (i think that's who it is who'se doing it), because some lucky sod, namely keith arthur had swanned off to key west for a spot of fishing.

F

Frothey

john's been a bit quiet, probably sorting out all the photo's he was asking for....

still, shouldnt kick a dog when its down (and i dont mean you andy!)

N

Nick Austin 2

whats happened?... wheres MATT BLACK?, was he just plugging a radio station?... god i'm confused!