THAT 400lb Catch from the Trent

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Jonny.
No Publicity means just that. Including photographs or locations.

When anybody joins any club. Once they pay their subs and sign on the dotted line they automatically agree to abide by that clubs rules. If that person does not bother to read the rules that can lead to their own downfall.

And it don't make it right to say, so and so broke the rules so why can't I?
Sorry lads I'm not being personal but ignorance is no excuse.

C

Chris Pearson

Jonny,
It's confidential ;-)

Baz,
We threw the most smoke bombs of course, BUT at least you know where they are coming from as WE don't feel the need hide under the cloak of anonimity!
Whether we made the right decision is our concern nothing to do with DVSG.
Cheers,
Chris
edit:
Posted before Baz's edit.

W

Woody (AKA Cheeky Monkey & Jay Dubya)

Fred, the comments were merely an expression of my opinions as I saw them. The words were mostly culled from a poem about people who don't have a sense of humour. If they caused offence I regret that and offer my apologies.

Quite frankly I am sick of this infighting from both sides and wish they would go away and haunt another sight.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Fred, some of Jeff's comments have not been deleted to protect him, they've been deleted because they were inappropriate and detracted from the main debate, which is, as far as I'm concerned:

Why did Tony Rocca, allegedly, insist that the catch be reported from Collingham, knowing full well it came from Hazleford?

Why were Matt and Adam thrown out of the HPS when they reported the catch as coming from the middle Trent and were apparently not in breach of club rules regarding publicity. Especially considering they followed precedents already been set by other members of the club regarding publicity?

If that is not the truth then just please tell us just what the truth is.

Threats of legal action are being bandied about but it seems it's OK to call Bob 2Bob and Bob2Bob, to make claims about inaccuracies and falsehoods and insinuate that the whole of the DVSG are in the pocket of Bob and that the commercial interests of DVSG in relation to their sponsors are now far more important than social values.

There's been a certain amount of criticism about not been allowed the right of reply, but now you clearly have the right we are all still waiting for a clear and unambiguous reply.

My own personal view about this is that, yes, we all know that there is no love lost between Bob, Tony, Chris and Fred, but this is about the whole of the DVSG who are known to most of us that frequent this forum.

I don't know Bob Roberts personally, and I've never fished with him. I do know Ron Clay and Lee Swords, and I know they don't have their strings pulled by anybody.

If any of the DVSG disagree with anything written in the press release I'm sure they would be the first ones to come on here to say so.

C

Chris Pearson

Jeff,
Nothing would give us greater pleasure than to be left alone in peace but for some reason Graham has decided to let 2Bobs use FM as his personnal soapbox even when he won't substantiate his ridiculous allegations.
regards,
Chris

njb51

Reaction score
So what is they story, Chris?

Why did Tony Rocca, allegedly, insist that the catch be reported from Collingham, knowing full well it came from Hazleford?

Why were Matt and Adam thrown out of the HPS when they reported the catch as coming from the middle Trent and were apparently not in breach of club rules regarding publicity. Especially considering they followed precedents already been set by other members of the club regarding publicity?

F

Fred Bonney

Would they Graham? The release was a hit and run.

"The DVSG do not wish to make any further comment on this matter."

I also know Ron and Lee by the way and, as they weren't involved in the matter are obviously in no real position to comment.
Having said that, nor was I,so perhaps any comments I make are not strictly from the horses mouth,so to speak.

T

Tony Rocca

Graham and Jonny,

For me to answer you questions would not enable me to stick to what I said it that;

I said, "Dear all,

As I have no wish to tarnish the name of Adam Roberts, Matt Brown or Greg whitehead I am more than happy for you all to think this was absolutely, utterly and totally my fault".

I cant answer you then.

F

Fred Bonney

Jonny, are you asking these questions as a member of the editorial team or are you just an interested party?

S

Sean Meeghan

Gents

I'd like to make a comment on this and then I'll shut up. I'm a poor innocent user of this forum and I've contributed to one or two of the threads related to this war.

I don't know who the members of the HPS are, I think I know who (most) of the members of the DVSG are. Its very easy to stir up debate on subjects such as this and to lead people on make contributions that inflame matters even more. Some or all of you have been guilty of that.

Forums and sites such as this are not the place to propagate personal arguments and geberate 'spin'. They are
places places where people can come to have a bit of light hearted banter and gain and share knowledge.

Quite frankly I'm peed off with it and I'm sure Graham and his moderators are. Either meet face to face and sort out your differences or shut up.

:?)

S

sash

No publicity rules do of course vary from one club to another. Some may allow photographs that do not disclose the venue to be published others might not even allow photos to be taken (e.g. 13lb eel saga)for private or public use.

Would the HPS kindly post on here the exact version of the no publicity rules as stated in their club books issued to every member? Surely that will at least clear up one issue?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

All take a deep deep breath lads, relax, then go out and do what you enjoy doing, fishing. Then come back on here and hopefully report a good enjoyable day out with a few fish and perhaps some good-uns to boot.

C

Chris Pearson

Graham,
I'm sorry that you feel you have to protect the anonimity of the Press Release author.
The only way I could prove the facts is by publishing private and confidential e-mails between myself, Greg and Matt.I am not prepared to do that(yet) and I don't think they have either because whoever put the Press Statement together has seemingly not been made privvy to them.
I completely agree with what you have said in relation to the other members of DVSG which is exactly why I have openly asked them the question,either they have been made privvy to my confidential e-mails in which case they are colluding with a falsehood or they haven't in which case apparently they have signed up to a statement without being in possession of the true facts.
So come on the Ron and Lee,did you sanction the Press Release and have you been shown the evidence to support the authors claims or not?
I am in constant contact with Ron,perhaps he would like to give me a call and we can take this offline to save any embarressment?
Best regards,
Chris

T

Tony Rocca

Sash, Club book???????? I suggest you go back a bit before posting.

Steve Ralph

Reaction score
Sash
I might get into trouble for this
But no prublicity at HPS means just that NO PUBLICITY
Adam was told on more than one occasion that no photograghs were to appear in the press under any circumstances.

But as Tony says it is better for HPS to just take all the blame on this one then and let the dvsg have thier version.

So I will stand along side tony and take half of the blame it was half me.

Regards Steve

PS is there any reason all my posts from last night were deleted i was having a debate with the mod about letting people reply and also started a new thread in bait box but that seems to have gone walkabout as well

T

Tony Rocca

Chris, If I were you I would just forget it.

Ron will never agree to wearing a baseball cap anyway.

F

Fred Bonney

As I understand it Sash, speaking as a "member"
There are no written rules, no committee, just a Gentleman's agreement.
Which EVERYBODY is made aware of.
The fishery is there for our care and enjoyment nothing more, nothing less.

C

Chris Pearson

Sean,
Not half as peed off as we are.
It would be easily remedied,Graham could remove the offending article and agree not to publish any more of 2Bob's rants aimed at members of the HPS,seems simple to me?
Given that Graham chooses to let Bob use FM for his constant attacks what would you have us do?
Regards,
Chris