Ban on Hunting imminent?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

All our pet dogs are decended from wild dogs......A wild dogs natural instinct is to kill --by domesticating a dog you are training it away from its natural instincts
Now can you work it out ???

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes Ed, and thanks for this much clearer explanation than your last posting. BUT -:
In that case the Hunts people re-train the dog to kill.

E

No ---
The hunts people just let them (the dogs)follow their natural instincts

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the hunts people let the dogs follow their natural instincts, then why do they throw fox pelts to the young dogs? or worse. They shouldn't need to should they?

Next Pleeeeease!!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought John West coming on here, would be a good thing. I would love to hear all the points for fox hunting. And I would discuss it in a civilised manner.

Of all the debates I have listened to over the years, I have yet to hear of one good reason for keeping it.

E

"If the hunts people let the dogs follow their natural instincts, then why do they throw fox pelts to the young dogs?"

It saves them buying toys for them .......
Next....!!!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Boom, Boom, Boom.
Another one bites the dust.
See Ed, You have no case.

Next Pleeeeease!!

E

I buy dog chews for my dog made from cow hide--it doesn't make my dog hunt cows .......Boom Boom --Now you've bitten the dust

Next please!!!

T

The Monk

Thats true Eddie, because I give luncheon meat to my pet carp, and they don`t hunt cows either?

T

The Monk

All our pet dogs are decended from wild dogs

actually Eddie that statement is not exactly true, you would struggle through history to find a wild carniverous poodle?

many of todays domestic dog Spp are genetically modified unnatural freaks
(bit like carp really),

man playing god again

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's because your dog is domesticated Ed, probably better than what you are.

Do you wanna go faster??

E

What's the point in discussing Otter Hounds---Otter hunting was banned in the 60s

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ed,
I wouldn't even dream of otter hunting, it's as dispicable as fox hunting. What ever gave you the idea I thought otter hunting was a good thing.
I merely said, Otter hounds should be kept going, as they are one of the few breeds of dog that can follow a scent in water. It's a rare breed.

Next Pleeeease!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

But our Great Mentor Isaac Walton supported otter hunting.

N

Nigel Moors 2

Dogs may have an instinct but they have over the years been sterred away from klling because most of society acknowledges killing is needless.

Jeff I understand that you are just trying to give a more balanced view but worrying about hunting being banned on 'our heritage' grounds is outdated. Many civilisations and cultures have to change ages old traditions after enlightenment, some might not like it or the interference from outside. In the end the fact is that the majority view should prevail.

If I was in the minority on this I'd have to accept it and would do. So far it's been a struggle for the masses to be heard and finally get what they want. It's not a coincidence that most of the toffs at the top of the hunting tree have friends in influential places unfairly denying what's right.

E

People have this misguided view that it is only 'toffs' that hunt ---that is a load of bollocks ......

T

Terry Comerford

Angling is a form of hunting, probably the reason why most of us participate.
Thin end of the wedge this Bill, if you ask me.