Chub Behaviour

D

Dave Slater

I hope we don't go too far down that road Graham. I don't think I would enjoy it anymore. The hunting instinct is what makes fishing exciting.

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
I haven't as yet, but would have no problem using boilles for chubbing.
I think some of the flavours would be very attractive to them.

D

Dave Slater

Boilies are a very successful chub bait, as are pellets. On some stretches of river heavy baiting with boilies over a period of years has made them very hard to catch on anything else. It doesn't affect me too much as I fish quiet stretches. The thing that worries me is that everywhere may eventually go this way. In the New Forest there are visitor centre areas. These have signs with pictures on them and wording like "This is a squirrel". I sometimes worry about fishing getting like this. If it does happen it will be time to hang up my rods.

J

John Hepworth

Surely Dave, that's the way Angling Times is going.(and all of its off shoots) Flashy graphic's but very little real content,and even less news.

J

John Hepworth

Must admit I alwys look at the AT in the newsagents(thats an odd word for AT) but I never buy it these days

B

Barry Fleming

I have got to admit that I like the Idea of keeping the hunting instinct alive and kicking,this is what I meant about traditional methods, so Jasons comments on useing berries and such really appeals to me. But on the other hand we can't stop progress. Just look what has happened on the carp scene, and it is this very thing that worries me.I would hate to see it take off on the rivers in the same way.
Cheers.
Barry.

B

Barry Fleming

Sorry I forgot,
I could spread a few rumors if you like to get the circus running the other way.
Barry.

J

John Hepworth

Can't keep up with you Dave, you have more faces than the Town Hall clock, in the nicest possible way you understand

mafumif

Reaction score
i've only been chub fishing twice, and i caught a 7lb chub using only bread and sweetcorn left over from a sandwich. the river was somewhere near upminster in essex.

chav professor

Reaction score
You caught a 7lb Chub and you can't remember where the river was ......

My mate went fishing in Switzerland with an african guide called minja. He was marrying a swiss girl (romance on kilimanjaro). this is the first time Minja had ever fished with a rod and line and he landed this Chub recorded at a weight of 3.26kg (well over 7lb)............. It was his first and only fish of that trip. My mate caught the live bait that was used to lure this glacier lake giant...

minjaswisschub.jpg

But - if i caught a 7lb fish from one of my rivers - I might forget where it was caught too.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Excuse my stupidity but who is this directed towards??

Back on page 7 cg74

i've only been chub fishing twice, and i caught a 7lb chub using only bread and sweetcorn left over from a sandwich. the river was somewhere near upminster in essex.

If your looking in John (C) how is your lass, and I hope you have replaced her liquidiser by now?

And Dave, you missed 'Chub Chat' now live on the CSG site :)

By the way, I still haven't had a Wear 6 :(