FACE UP TO IT

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Simple economics is what it is really all about Blanky my friend. And that includes juniors. You only have to see the equipment that they are useing to realise that they are also taking the Mick. They can afford it and they must pay.

There can be no half measures, no ifs buts or maybe's, no grey areas. If they care about their sport, then they know what is needed of them don't they?

captain carrott

Reaction score
well said baz if they can afford matching sets of the latest tackle they can stump up a few extra quid for a club permit.

L

Les Clark

Baz ,Nobody asked you to put this thread up ,it gets dragged out year after year by the likes of you ,someone who`s bored ,who`s fishng for a bite and who wants to score points .
Who sodding cares who pays what for a licence ,at least they are paying!
Have a rant at those who should pay but don`t pay !

honslow

Reaction score
Baz, kids get reduced price licences as an attempt to get more of them to take up the sport. Otherwise it would remain dominated by old buggers like you!
And I haven't given up on the idea of making you infamous either. I just need a good photo, so next time you're on a fish-in let me know and we'll tee something up!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Les.
The ones who don't pay are not going to be in any hurry to help us are they? So the ones that are paying or only part paying are the ones to target. The problem is Les the ones who are only paying half fare ought to be bluddie well ashamed of themselves. And they will be the first ones to cry when their clubs loose one of their favourite waters.

Greg.
Didn't you get the one I sent you on cd?
Haveing said that, I will be on the Ribble fish -In, a week this comeing Saturday. There is unfinished business with that rabble to settle. I can see it now. Me stood on a table stabbing my finger at them and laying down the law.

Sorry mate. Juniors can pay up like everybody else. If the interest is there in the first place, they will pay.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Reading back amongst these postings, one has to marvel at the intelect or foresight of "some" modern day anglers.
I have no desire to berate or belittle my fellow angler, but in laymens terms, some of you are absolutely thick.

The final price to be payed by all of us, through the acts of an ever growing number of the selfish few, can not be put into monetary terms. It will, inevitbaly , mean the loss of our fishing altogether.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Baz being a junior is just a test to see if we want to be an adult. If we like the fishng as a junior we will be willing to pay as an adult but this is like a discount period. Just like an internet deal pay ?10 for 1st three months then ?15 a month full rate. Except pay ?15-25 for the first 5years then ?45-60 there after for fishing.

carl pepper

Reaction score
still getting bites then Baz, i'm amazed there are so many mug fish around considering your track record for spreading such obvious groundbait!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Christian.
You have always seemed like a sensible person to me, so why say anything to destroy that faith?
And don't try to pull a fast one on me. Anybody who goes fishing for the very first time, instinctivly knows whether he will carry on or not. Do you want to be partly responsible for the demise of angling?
If not then agree with what I say or you will be classed as a charlatan young man.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Carl to true, we just cant resist talking to him lol.

Baz and how am I partly responsable for the demise of angling through paying what my club asks me for.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

So the cheeky young buck has set his first pair of antlers then has he? And now he wants to challenge the wisdom of the older stags.

Christian.
You can start by putting in a proposal at your AGM that everybody young and old alike pay the same price. What is happening now is nothing short of discrimination between anglers.
But do you see me argueing that I want to pay the lower rate? No you don't.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I'm not arguing for a lower rate, I'm just accepting that they want to give me one. Surely if they didn't want to they'd propose a change.
So what your saying is, seniors members (i.e non juniors) are discriminating themselves by giving us lower rates? Surely thats their problem not mine?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Christian, you are learning a lot from FM mate!

Baz, the young bucks usually grow into handsome, fit, strong Stags! And sort out the old Stags and take their ladies too!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

No. Like it or not, it is your problem Christian. That is if you care enough. It is the problem of everybody who does not pay for a full licence.
But sadly I can see the I'm alright Jack attitude (for now) comeing to the fore.
It is clear to see that you and others have been injected with the ostritch virus.

The next time you lift your heads up, it may well be too late.

Never before has so mutch been owed to one man by so many.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
But Baz, serious question here as I havent read AT. Why do I need to pay full rates?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

For one reason amongst many, read my second post on page 1 cock.

And to think I gave him credit for being sensible.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Yes Baz I read that, "clubs can't afford to give cheaper rates". The rest of it just seemed like a big rant.

If the clubs can't afford to give cheaper rates then why do they offer them to us. We're not on the committe having a say about how cheap we want our tickets (we're not allowed for a start), we're not pressuring for cheap tickets, demanding or even asking for them.

Surely if things were that bad they wouldn't charge concessionary rates.

P

Phil Hackett The ostrich pie hater

One bite Basil........may be..... you're talking $hit!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
And know you're calling him a cock!

Antlers at dawn!!!

I'm on your side Christian and yours Ian.