FACE UP TO IT

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
N

nick hodgkinson

true captain but when he makes comments about the disabled i have to reply

there's actually a legal point in question here!

i would under normal circumstances never say this BUT

i hope Baz that one day you are in a position to enjoy all the luxuries etc that one receives as a disabled person

captain carrott

Reaction score
nick if i thought he meant one word of what he says i would agree with you.
but he's wound the lot of you up into a frenzy and is now sitting in his front bedroom giggling like a schoolboy, believe me.

N

nick hodgkinson

probably with a hand full of damp tissues
(winker)

as you say best left well alone - and what has he ever done for angling anyway

perhaps he could enlighten us to the last article he had published ?

pete proctor

Reaction score
I usually keep off threads that baz starts as theyre usually too stupid to bother with, but when he slags off old folk and the disabled then like nick i have to have my say, especially as my son is disabled.

Having fun and winding people up is all well and good if youve got the wit to do it properly and with at least some sense of where to draw the line. he obviously hasnt and if as it says on another thread that he's disappeared then i for one am glad. there might be a few who'll miss him but there'll be a hell of a lot more who'll breath a massive sigh of relief.

The guy needs to get a sensitivity transplant and realize when he's really hurting and offending people.

P

Phil Hackett The ostrich pie hater

Jas is right he?s really gotya!

The point he makes about clubs needing to address the demography of their membership is a valid one, we are an aging nation!
And as hard as it is for clubs to bite the bullet about their aging membership they will have too in the next 10-20 years if they want to survive.

My club, which I?ve been in for 30+ years and is the largest single club in Europe, has already started to address the issue. All members over 65 who haven?t got 5 years continuous service must pay the full rate until such time as they have.
I suspect this will increase over the above time period and be extended to 10 years or more.

Juniors are only juniors until the age of 16, then they become intermediates and pay half the adult rate until they?re 18 and pay full rate. The club has the discretion in extraordinary circumstance to waver the above for individuals in the event of hardship or other extenuating circumstances.

Whilst in principle I don?t have a problem with disabled people having a reduction, I personally don?t think they should be getting it at pensioners rates, if they are not a pensioner. And before anybody says they don?t say and think that, it does happen and I?ve had it said to me on odd occasions.
I?d personally like to see half the rate of full for disabled people, with option of wavering to a lower rate (pensioners) under extenuating circumstances. But this must be understood by all, its at solely the club?s discretion.

Increasingly, clubs are having to meet the DDA and the cost to clubs can be quite large for such facilities. It is only fair and right in my view that disabled people make a contribution to those increased costs through paying higher membership fees.
They should not expect their able bodied fellow members to be footing all the costs by their full fees.
It is after all your club as well as theirs, and with that comes the responsibility of funding it properly, so it can provide the best of facilities for all members.

Nick you might want to see these
http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=6&UAN=4059
http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=6&UAN=4087

The man turns out all hours of the day and night to protect his club waters (50 +) from nefarious activities, fishery management programmes, and takes the night bookings.

N

nick hodgkinson

i'm sure disabled people (myself included) are happy to pay a fair contribution to angling clubs BUT this works both ways - very few clubs in my experience do anything towards helping disabled anglers especially with regard to vehicular access and special pegs (eg near car parking areas)

ref Baz's club activities - i'd simply put that down to self interest LOL!

C

Clive Evans 1

Phil. Your only siding with Baz because you want him to play your ugly sister in Kevin's "Wenderella".

I

Ian Cloke

I'm disabled, and I've paid full subs to each club I've been in. If you join an able bodied club, then I think you should be prepared to pay the full rate. Nobody forced you/me to join, it's your own choice.

anyway, we can go and practice on a venue midweek, when the other members are at work;o)