FM used to be a 'Buzzing' fishing web site, what has happened to it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

preston96

Reaction score
Oh. So there's 15 people out there who have never met me that don't like me?
I'm off to bed then to lose some sleep :D Night night Paul!

Night night Geoff........i'm sure you will dream of how you have turned FM into a domain to be proud of. :wh

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Oh dear oh dear.............but how many of the 58000 were "users" ......i said 75% of old Fm users didn't like you and Jeff, by thast i meant the % of FM'rs who posted and made comments on threads like this........about a max of 20 posters!!!
Aha! So what you're saying is - when the great Graham was in charge in the early hay days of FM we only had 20 regular posters?

Jeez we've got far more than that now and you are saying it's run down. Get a life Paul, plague some begger else for a change.

I'll be going to bed shortly and I SHALL NOT LOSE ANY SLEEP!

preston96

Reaction score
Aha! So what you're saying is - when the great Graham was in charge in the early hay days of FM we only had 20 regular posters?

Jeez we've got far more than that now and you are saying it's run down. Get a life Paul, plague some begger else for a change.

I'll be going to bed shortly and I SHALL NOT LOSE ANY SLEEP!

TCH TCh...........another one who cant digest what they read, exept in the manner they want!

The magnificent legends in their own lunchboxes sleep soundly.

Now, Jeff and Geoff, go dream in peace and wonder just why your boss is having to pay out of his back pocket.............i'll just ride into the sunset and look elsewhere for a site that is about angling rather than two self opinionated individuals.

Last post from me folks untill this pair are gone.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've never ever called for the return of Graham as editor!

I also agree with EC's and Kevins comments, it's too cluttered and old articles are lost unless you know what you are looking for. How about an articles section where they can be found by author without searching for them? This might encourage Kevin and Mark to do some more, Mark is writing books so he's not short of material for articles.

And I would still like to have the option to hide my post count, new posters must be slightly put off joining a thread when they see members with thousands of posts each.

It isn't a tight knit club, that is the last thing in the world I would want anyone to think. We are friends, some I've met, some not...

Anyway Wendi whooped my ar$e again on the Wye today, she topped it off with a lovely 9.12 barbel :)

Morespiders

Reaction score
Anyway Wendi whooped my ar$e again on the Wye today, she topped it off with a lovely 9.12 barbel :)

Not supprising is it Spiller, Wendys good , your s h i t e !!!! :D

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Last post from me folks untill this pair are gone.

Shame about that Paul, I for one will miss you mate,

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Paul Williams 11

.....re the hero worship bit...I put the word'seemingly'in front of this statement on purpose;it was how it felt to me at the time(I was new to any form of fishing website!) and is certainly not meant,in any way,shape or form,to be detrimental to Graham or what(I now know)he has obviously done for FM.
I am not so(!)stupid to adopt the notion that'I am right so everyone else must be wrong'.....but I still maintain(perhaps hero-worship is not quite the correct expression!)that is felt really odd to find this level of'appreciation'....not to mention the fact that(seemingly)almost everyone had a different name for him(Marsbar etc etc)...and it still seems strange(to me!)

Jeff Woody....I am somewhat confused by the word'EMOTICON'......quote"he had a strange emoticon in it that he didn't understand"....what does that mean exactly-what don't I understand???
....you then add"I can do this when asked or to help"...again I do not understand this-who has asked you and what help is it giving??

Perhaps I'm missing something but I cannot see how(what I wrote originally)could cause offence.....'wake up and smell the coffee'has been in the public domain for many years and is commonly used SO,I would,therefore,be very pleased if you would enlarge on this so as to avoid 'EMOTICON's'in the future......

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I think I ought to correct the misconception about what I'm up to. I'm not currently working on any books; Practical Barbel Fishing was handed over many months ago and is due out next month, and I made a small contribution to Peter Rolfe's 'Crock of Gold' about crucians which is due out this month. I still have ambitions around another book but need to get motivated enough to approach a publisher with a firm proposal.

Having left normal paid employment last year I am now semi-retired but to pay for my fishing permits and some of the petrol since April I've been writing articles for the press, half a dozen of which have so far appeared in CF, CAT and Angler's Mail with more in the pipeline. I doubt I'll become more prolific than 10-12 articles a year but it's an interesting challenge to raise my game in this respect. I do get out on a photoshoot every week which is fun in itself as well as building up a good library of original pics.

I always saw FM as a stepping stone in my writing career rather than the end game. I have contributed around 200 articles which is pretty good going considering the variety that I tackled including many that would never find a home in the written press because it seems fiction and humour aren't their genre. I may yet write a Xmas special.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Jeff Woody....I am somewhat confused by the word'EMOTICON'......quote "he had a strange emoticon in it that he didn't understand".... what does that mean exactly - what don't I understand???
....you then add "I can do this when asked or to help" ... again I do not understand this - who has asked you and what help is it giving??

Perhaps I'm missing something but I cannot see how (what I wrote originally) could cause offence.....'wake up and smell the coffee'has been in the public domain for many years and is commonly used SO,I would,therefore,be very pleased if you would enlarge on this so as to avoid 'EMOTICON's'in the future......

It didn't cause offence, it just made your post unclear with the emoticon in the way.

OK, so the emoticon was caused because you didn't leave a space between a : and a w, if you do that you end up with :w You must leave spaces after colons or semi colons if that's what you want otherwise you get emoticons.

So all I did was to separate them with a space. That's all and the full meaning of your post was restored.

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

I have contributed around 200 articles which is pretty good going
It certainly is Mark and I for one found many of them very interesting.

Furthermore, I think you've - done your bit (always welcome more of course) - so now others should have a bash. We've had soem good ones recently from Sean Meeghan and Andy Scholey and I've got one to go up soon with some great photos.

to all -
So why rely on others to do all the work? Get writing yourselves and let us have them!

Last edited:

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
So why rely on others to do all the work? Get writing yourselves and let us have them!

I don't like writing articles or write ups, so you won't get any from me in a hurry.

For those that do enjoy writing a piece, then get on with it and stop posting **** on our forums lol :D

Shine

Reaction score
Outstanding reply

clap.gif

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I feel that i am being stereo typed ......... i am innocent of all crimes unless you have proof in which case Cakey made me do it .............

Status
Not open for further replies.