FM used to be a 'Buzzing' fishing web site, what has happened to it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1paul

Reaction score
here we go again .........................

About right mate , same old thread revamped .

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

Totally agree!

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

The way this thread has developed is an example of why too many potential contributors just switch off and don't bother (at least that's what they tell me). Why does it have to develop in this way. If people want this humour why not create a separate thread? Why hijack a serious "comment thread"?

Each to their own, FM is what we make of it.

Sorry Neil but maybe people are trying to inject some humour into a thread that is going nowhere , is that so bad ?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Jeff sent me an apology for the email and I accepted his apology, I won't forget the email, I can't, we all know where we stand now. And that's all I'm gonna say about it.

I also apologise for not knowing Graham had received retirement gifts from Richard. I would however love to read the story of how Graham made FishingMagic, but if he doesn't want to share that with us then I respect his wishes.

I would urge all lurkers or newbies to just get posting, this isn't a closed shop, we are friends and we have built these friendships by posting and chatting. I never imagined that by chatting to like minded anglers on FM that I would soon embark on fishing trips all over the country. The friendships I've made will be lifelong and I never would have visited so many different venues without FM.

So get posting :)

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
You may well have done -but it wasn't you Jeff was talking about it was (quote)

"Usually by the same group of people including Steve on a couple of occasions."

What's wrong with that Ed? It's all perfectly true. But it's all in the past and we've heard it all before so I don't see any point in going all over it all yet again. You will just have to accept that people skills are not what Jeff and I are good at; that we have faults like other human beings and we will vehemently defend the work we have put in to try to put this site back up there where it belongs. If that meant inadvertently treading on a few toes, I'm sorry. I never meant to and I doubt Jeff did either, but if people get out of bed the wrong side these things will happen when people are pushed. Now - nobody is dead, so let's just put it all behind us because it's getting seriously boring doing this over and over again every couple of months. Goodnight all.

Cakey

Reaction score
theres approx 66,000 members if 33,001 tell me they dont like my f*****g about Ill stop

Last edited:

Cakey

Reaction score
only 33,000 to go or I suppose I could be banned for calling the toxic twins ****as

Shine

Reaction score
I started a humour thread once, all light hearted and humorous, and you know what, it got hijacked and turned into serious replies. (True)

It didn't bother me one bit. Some people have humour, some don't. We're all individuals........... except me.

Now back to the original post. Yes Steve. I do think there should be a topless angling competition for woman.

Shine

Reaction score
Usual.. Evey one sitting quietly. 3 hours later they're all up putting the left leg in, the left leg out. in out in out...... etc etc.
I ended up being the taxi driver.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
only 33,000 to go or I suppose I could be banned for calling the toxic twins ****as
Don't you dare stop Cakester, I can't believe that people complain about a few members posting off topic, jokes etc, it stops a thread going stale, keeps it at the top of the board. This isn't a library or are threads meant to receive 2 or 3 posts then die? 'cause the next thing will be the same people complaining about repeating their answers, how difficult is it to take the thread back on subject if you have something relative to the original post?

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Please do not stop complaining about people like myself hijacking Threads and using Humour in an inappropriate manner.

I like to be Chastised, The thought of them in there little leather outfits and badly applied make up, pointing, and scowling, and perhaps the use of Wooden stocks and the throwing of Rotten vegetables really gets my senses heightened ............. oops wrong Website (oh, how embaressing)

Ah, now see, this is where the Buzz of FishingMagic hits a snag, different people get different things (Buzz's) out of Different ways or involvements.
We can't keep them all happy all of the time, but as long as i am getting out of FishingMagic what i want out of it and i am not offending anyone(well anyone who isn't paying me to do so) or breaking the FishingMagic rules then please assume that i am going to carry on just how i am.

Now for those that don't like that then please join the queue that says Kiss my Ar5e. For anyone else who doesn't want to kiss my ar5e, the queue for kissing Cakeys is over there >>>>>>>>>> lol (sorry cakey) :D

My involvement in this Thread Posting is now extinguished, however, i may well rejoin it again when another one just like it appears in a months time :p

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Its the same old story seen in every office,workplace,building site I have worked in or visited both here and around the world so I hope everyone can draw the analogy......

On the one hand we have the'Management' and on the other hand we have the 'Workers'.....The Managment have the job of getting the best from the Workers,keeping things on an even keel,making sure the workplace runs smoothly and the Workers who think they can run the company better than those who actually do so(for the shareholders usually)and wonder why some(if not all)of those at the'top'have a job of any sort!!
Some of the problems in this relationship are caused by either side(and'sides'in all companies most definitely exist!)not fully realising what the other does.....Management fails,occasionally,to see,or care about the Workers lot(unless its Christmas when pressies or small bonuses such as free turkeys are handed out etc)and most definitely fail to see why,with a bit of thought(that if they were to adjust attitudes slightly)inter- relationships could be improved...Workers on the other hand see Management as'Big Brother'in many cases-all they see are (free)lunches,big cars,nice suits etc etc,and never,for one minute stop to think of how the company runs,why it is successful or the number of extra hours put in(usually at the weekend when the workers are relaxing!)to make the company run(generally)like clockwork.....

....and God help you if,as a Worker you are asked to'go upstairs'and join Management-likely as not you will never really be accepted as a true part of'the boys who run things'nor will you be able to maintain that good ol'one of the boys'thing that existed downstairs......

......and maybe this is(some)of the problem-do'we',(the general posters)who pop onto the site for a quick look-see fully realise just what the Moderators do,how much time they put in(that we take for granted)what constraints they work under(following and interpretating what comes down from the'top'management)and always making sure(as far as possible)that everything runs smoothly and that general Law or decency is not breached.............
I have to say that it seems(to me)to be a thankless task...whatever you do as Moderator you will never please everyone and invariably you will be blamed for all ills or,much,much worse,have to deal with comments from some that defy belief........some, it seems,said just to keep up a general'slagging off'of the Mods and much said under the disguise of 'humour'....the later sometimes in very poor taste..

The Moderators also have a case to answer though-in my case(on this thread)a post was'amended'by a Mod without,it seemed to me,any justifiable reason I can understand and,even more annoying without any explanation!....I asked why this was done and recieved an answer which,to be honest I still don't really understand but I cannot be bothered to persue it.
However,it makes me feel I have to consider,and reconsider everything I write which for me makes posting become a chore rather than an enjoyment....

Fairly recently(some weeks ago)I posted a short,seemingly amusing'add-on'reply to another post which had lots of Ha! Ha! Ha! contained within it.I said something like"that also caused me to s****** as well"(or words to that effect) only to find the word'S******'had been erased from my post(possibly automatically,possibly not,)and I was absolutely furious and considered leaving FM!!
I took great exception to the fact that a word from the English language,found in all dictionaries was being removed without explanation.....for the life of me I could not(at the time)understand why and even now the only explanation I can come up with is that if the letter 's' is removed we end up with a word totally unacceptable and unlawful.

THE MEANING OF THE WORD(THAT HAS BEEN ERASED) IS 'TO LAUGH IN A HALF SUPRESSED WAY'

If this is the case I am absolutely staggered and words fail me BUT I DO realise that others might read the post and make some 'play' on the word which could cause offence so I had a rethink and let the subject drop.....
All I'm trying to say is that a 'gap' can(and does)develop between Mods and general posters IF explanations are not given for actions taken-that is when offence comes to the fore....we ALL need to know WHY this,or that is being done.....................NO different to the 'Workers and Management' scenario given above...

Anyway I think FM is great and long may it continue,improving as it goes along!

The Mods do a good job and the Posts are always great....JUST NOT ALWAYS!!!!

Last edited:

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"The Moderators also have a case to answer though-in my case(on this thread)a post was'amended'by a Mod without,it seemed to me,any justifiable reason I can understand and,even more annoying without any explanation!....I asked why this was done and recieved an answer which,to be honest I still don't really understand but I cannot be bothered to persue it.
However,it makes me feel I have to consider,and reconsider everything I write which for me makes posting become a chore rather than an enjoyment...."

Tee Cee, your post had a query from you with the words

"ps how did that little symbol find its way onto my post???"

A...:w (your "little symbol")was taken out by Jeff,and he explained it, so what's the problem it was something so minor?

Other than that, I agree with almost all you have written above.:w

Last edited:

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
we will vehemently defend the work we have put in to try to put this site back up there where it belongs.

Says it all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.