FM used to be a 'Buzzing' fishing web site, what has happened to it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Reaction score
You don't want to know what he done on an Aardvark

wtf-cat.jpg

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Her name was Shell ..............

No i didn't sh*g a tortoise what do you think i am, fickin sick.

I let it sh*g me instead .....ha ha ha ha ha

No really it was all a misunderstanding.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Interesting to see Steve's serious thread gradually turn into trivial nonsense via some unfortunate spats. Long live FM!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Interesting to see Steve's serious thread gradually turn into trivial nonsense via some unfortunate spats. Long live FM!

Totally agree!

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

What do you expect if the people it was aimed at don't seem to be taking it seriously .........

One isn't going to lose any sleep, and the other one is, in a tongue in cheek sort of way .......

The way this thread has developed is an example of why too many potential contributors just switch off and don't bother (at least that's what they tell me). Why does it have to develop in this way. If people want this humour why not create a separate thread? Why hijack a serious "comment thread"?

Each to their own, FM is what we make of it.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I do apologise, please carry on with your serious thread, and gentlemanly discussion.

One was completely out of order and hopes that one can be forgiven for hijacking this serious discussion.

Now where were we, Oh yes, The apparent Decline of FishingMagic as a once was Buzzing Website and Forum.

I personally think that there is to much seriousness involved in what can and should be a Fun and Light Hearted approach to adult discussions within the Forum Pages.

Stiff upper lip and puffed out chest approach to postings.

I will hold my hand up and say as i am a member of FishingMagic who uses the Forum regularly then i am partially to blame for it's decline as i am a contributor.

Now who else would like to discuss this further on a serious level, any tom foolery will be frowned upon and i shall ask for moderation to be present if it is not kept to a acceptable level.

Thank you.

brian01

Reaction score
Steve,
I was an lurker on the old FM and also on the new one for years as i was not at that time into angling in a big way. (looking in now & then)
I did have a look around other sites and always found FM to be the best and still is, i dont think that it has changed since G M has left, the only thing that has changed to me is that a few of its members has made a change and the the once at the top are doing there best to keep the site going for the future, yes i dont post as much as am not up to scratch as most are on FM but reading posts by others on here helps up and coming anglers like me.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
The way this thread has developed is an example of why too many potential contributors just switch off and don't bother (at least that's what they tell me). Why does it have to develop in this way. If people want this humour why not create a separate thread? Why hijack a serious "comment thread"?
And if you moderate to restore the balance, you get castigated for it.

What do you expect if the people it was aimed at don't seem to be taking it seriously .........
I'll take it seriously when there's a serious comment to be made. If you read Steve's opening post and care to spend the time goiung back through EVERY post since January (when Graham retired), you will find that the same comments have been made at least a dozen times. Usually by the same group of people including Steve on a couple of occasions.

If people only tried themselves to make things better then it might not appear as bad to them as they make out.

They're glass may be half empty, mines half full - well more than that if I admit. This site is buzzing with visitors, we need to bring them in, welcome them and stop posting absolute drivel like the above! As Neil said "If people want this humour why not create a separate thread?"

I concur!

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
I'll take it seriously when there's a serious comment to be made. If you read Steve's opening post and care to spend the time goiung back through EVERY post since January (when Graham retired), you will find that the same comments have been made at least a dozen times. Usually by the same group of people including Steve on a couple of occasions.

If people only tried themselves to make things better then it might not appear as bad to them as they make out.

They're glass may be half empty, mines half full - well more than that if I admit. This site is buzzing with visitors, we need to bring them in, welcome them and stop posting absolute drivel like the above! As Neil said "If people want this humour why not create a separate thread?"

I concur!

They probably haven't forgotten THE e-mail that you sent Steve .... I think that may be half the problem ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.