Horribilis

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm. Clearly that makes this practice acceptable and OK?

Let's all grab a rip hook and set about the nearest mammal to hand.

Nonsensical poppycock trying to justify utter barbarism.

Lets hear you justify pulling hooks into fish then because that's what you do is it not for your own pleasure Those that live in glass houses go on justify it please lets hear some poppycock from you Mr. hypocrite, come on lets hear it.:wh

cg74

Reaction score
Lets hear you justify pulling hooks into fish then because that's what you do is it not for your own pleasure Those that live in glass houses go on justify it please lets hear some poppycock from you Mr. hypocrite, come on lets hear it.:wh

Fish can't feel the emotion of pain, whereas intelligent animals like dolphins and whales most definitely can, it's as simple that!

sumtime

Reaction score
I'm not posting to crucify you, tiinker, but........there's a hell of a difference
between setting a hook and absolute carnage.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fish can't feel the emotion of pain, whereas intelligent animals like dolphins and whales most definitely can, it's as simple that!

It is not that simple ask any anti blood activist . Sorry that does not wash with anyone if they are honest. Angling cannot be justified on those grounds and you know it I do not try to justify angling and I do not tell other people how to behave in their own country.

richiekelly

Reaction score
You flatter me Blanker . I have my views and I voice them please or offend it is called free speech.

Views, opinions, they are like a******* everyone has one, the trouble is some cannot accept them from others constantly feeling the need to be right and have the last word on anything, its a shame for them really and there should be help available for them.

What makes you think my post was meant for you?

This barbaric inhumane practice does not belong in civilised society, it should be stopped, there is no need for it.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Views, opinions, they are like a******* everyone has one, the trouble is some cannot accept them from others constantly feeling the need to be right and have the last word on anything, its a shame for them really and there should be help available for them.

What makes you think my post was meant for you?

This barbaric inhumane practice does not belong in civilised society, it should be stopped, there is no need for it.

The people of the Faroe islands do not agree with you so that is that.

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 ----------

I'm not posting to crucify you, tiinker, but........there's a hell of a difference
between setting a hook and absolute carnage.

So it is okay to be what other people see as cruel in a small way. But not if you kill your catch which by the way the anti's do not see as cruel where as catching and putting back they do. I fish and I love it but I cannot justify striking hooks into fish so I do not try. But I do not cry you cannot do that when in another country people do what they have been doing for hundreds of years that is their business.

cg74

Reaction score
It is not that simple ask any anti blood activist . Sorry that does not wash with anyone if they are honest. Angling cannot be justified on those grounds and you know it I do not try to justify angling and I do not tell other people how to behave in their own country.

I know no such thing; so you are wrong!

But the whales are a migratory species so if the Feroe Islanders drive the species into extinction it'll be a loss too every Northern Atlantic country.

Is there anything this bloke isn't an expert on? :eek:

Seemingly not!

The people of the Faroe islands do not agree with you so that is that.

I think you'll be more accurate if you wrote - Some of the Faroe Isles people....
As not all are in agreement with this practice!

"That is that" - Well not necessarily, if enough external pressure is exerted then practices like this get stopped.

So it is okay to be what other people see as cruel in a small way. But not if you kill your catch which by the way the anti's do not see as cruel where as catching and putting back they do. I fish and I love it but I cannot justify striking hooks into fish so I do not try. But I do not cry you cannot do that when in another country people do what they have been doing for hundreds of years that is their business.

Again you're grouping everyone in a sect as having the same opinion, besides if we operated a catch and kill policy, many would say that was worse than catch and kill.

Last edited:

nicepix

Reaction score

Except if they don't support the cricket teams :wh

We just did :rolleyes:

richiekelly

Reaction score
According to research carried out in 2007 some species of dolphin are second only to man when it comes to intelligence ( possibly more intelligent than some) the research maintains that dolphins are more intelligent than the orang which has been found to be more intelligent than chimpanzees, chimps are thought to have the intelligence of an average 3 year old human.

If this research is correct how can supposedly civilised people carry out such acts?

Just because they have done it for a long time cannot be justification for this terrible slaughter, slavery was carried on for years, would it be ok to do this now as "we have always done it" I think not.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to research carried out in 2007 some species of dolphin are second only to man when it comes to intelligence ( possibly more intelligent than some) the research maintains that dolphins are more intelligent than the orang which has been found to be more intelligent than chimpanzees, chimps are thought to have the intelligence of an average 3 year old human.

If this research is correct how can supposedly civilised people carry out such acts?

Just because they have done it for a long time cannot be justification for this terrible slaughter, slavery was carried on for years, would it be ok to do this now as "we have always done it" I think not.

The wiki piece that another member put up on the subject of the killing of pilot whales on the Faroes mistakenly called Dolphins is worth a read the facts of the subject are very interesting.

---------- Post added at 06:16 ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 ----------

Except if they don't support the cricket teams :wh

We just did :rolleyes:

Is that your best shot very poor cat got your tongue has it.

richiekelly

Reaction score
The wiki piece that another member put up on the subject of the killing of pilot whales on the Faroes mistakenly called Dolphins is worth a read the facts of the subject are very interesting.

---------- Post added at 06:16 ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 ----------

Is that your best shot very poor cat got your tongue has it.

Pilot whales along with the Killer Whale belong to the dolphin family, they are social animals with strong maternal instincts, they are mammals and as such feel pain.

This slaughter has NOTHING to do with food (the whales are contaminated with Mercury) and everything to do with carrying on a barbaric tradition that at the start of it may have involved gathering of food along with other now barbaric out dated traditions.

These creatures are hacked to death sometimes over a period of several minutes, pregnant ones have their young cut out of them only to be discarded, imagine the terror these animals go through after hundreds are herded towards the shore.

If you really think that this treatment is acceptable then I feel sorry for you.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pilot whales along with the Killer Whale belong to the dolphin family, they are social animals with strong maternal instincts, they are mammals and as such feel pain.

This slaughter has NOTHING to do with food (the whales are contaminated with Mercury) and everything to do with carrying on a barbaric tradition that at the start of it may have involved gathering of food along with other now barbaric out dated traditions.

These creatures are hacked to death sometimes over a period of several minutes, pregnant ones have their young cut out of them only to be discarded, imagine the terror these animals go through after hundreds are herded towards the shore.

If you really think that this treatment is acceptable then I feel sorry for you.

I feel the same about you It may not be acceptable to you and others but it is to the people of the Faroes and what they do in their own country is their business not yours or anyone else's mind your own business and leave others to get on with theirs.

richiekelly

Reaction score
I feel the same about you It may not be acceptable to you and others but it is to the people of the Faroes and what they do in their own country is their business not yours or anyone else's mind your own business and leave others to get on with theirs.

Very sad, so very sad. to be so uncaring about the needless slaughter of such a lovely creature.

Not so long ago a group dedicated to stopping this disgraceful act of wanton cruelty spent 2 months in the area where it takes place at the time it takes place, strangely there was no slaughter while they were there but immediately after they left the slaughter began, it would seem from this that even the killers know what a disgusting spectacle it is.

Please do not tell me what I should and shouldn't involve myself in, it only endorses what is very obvious in that if you haven't got a cogent argument or any answers to points raised then you resort to rudeness.

Very sad.

nicepix

Reaction score

Good job those in 1939 didn't have the same attitude when the Germans marched into Poland.

cg74

Reaction score

Like I pointed out earlier, it is our business, as they migrate around our coast! So for some poxy little group of islands with a combined population the same as Banbury to threaten the Northern Atlantic's population is abhorrent.

You see the more civilised and mindful amongst us neither agree with the number or manner that they're being killed in!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very sad, so very sad. to be so uncaring about the needless slaughter of such a lovely creature.

Not so long ago a group dedicated to stopping this disgraceful act of wanton cruelty spent 2 months in the area where it takes place at the time it takes place, strangely there was no slaughter while they were there but immediately after they left the slaughter began, it would seem from this that even the killers know what a disgusting spectacle it is.

Please do not tell me what I should and shouldn't involve myself in, it only endorses what is very obvious in that if you haven't got a cogent argument or any answers to points raised then you resort to rudeness.

Very sad.

I am not arguing I am saying mind your own business they do what they like in their own country it is that simple.

---------- Post added at 08:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

Like I pointed out earlier, it is our business, as they migrate around our coast! So for some poxy little group of islands with a combined population the same as Banbury to threaten the Northern Atlantic's population is abhorrent.

You see the more civilised and mindful amongst us neither agree with the number or manner that they're being killed in!

Read the article the powers that be say they are no threat to the population read it and weep.

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Still waiting for a justification for sticking hooks in fish . Been left well alone that one has it not glass houses I expect. You can not have your cake and eat it or do the anti's not know what they are talking about as well. People on this forum tell them to f-off for the same reason for interfering with a persons right to do what is legal. Mind your own business.

richiekelly

Reaction score

You see the more civilised and mindful amongst us neither agree with the number or manner that they're being killed in![/QUOTE]

Nail on head.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

I am not arguing I am saying mind your own business they do what they like in their own country it is that simple.

---------- Post added at 08:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

Read the article the powers that be say they are no threat to the population read it and weep.

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Still waiting for a justification for sticking hooks in fish . Been left well alone that one has it not glass houses I expect. You can not have your cake and eat it or do the anti's not know what they are talking about as well. People on this forum tell them to f-off for the same reason for interfering with a persons right to do what is legal. Mind your own business.

What a rude response, whether it is a threat to the population or not doesn't matter, its the fact that this is a barbaric act carried out for no other reason than "its always been done" that doesn't make it right or acceptable.

Fish are not mammals and do not have the same pain response as mammals, if you believe different then you are sadder than I thought inflicting pain on something for your gratification.

So sad.

nicepix

Reaction score

It had already been addressed by cg74. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong. If you feel that it is so wrong to stick hooks on fish then why are you an angler?

And while we are on the subject of ignoring points; I notice that you have conveniently side-stepped mine:

Good job those in 1939 didn't have the same attitude when the Germans marched into Poland.