Horribilis

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well I think that's enough of this forum for a while if this is the level of debate.

There is no debate Benny just someone who won't listen to anyone else, won't answer questions and then smugly proclaims that we are here for his amusement. Why should I mince my words when dealing with idiots and trolls?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is not a harvest of whale flesh as the Whales are contaminated with Mercury, even if it was there are more humane ways of dispatching an animal than hacking them to death. it is I am afraid no more than a "coming of age" slaughter that may at one time have been part of getting food but not now.

I take no notice of the emotional rhetoric but do take notice of what cannot be in a civilised country justified.

If it were any animal that was to be culled or taken for food I would have no problem with that as long as the animal was dispatched humanely.

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

What a splendid role model you are to any youngsters coming into the sport NOT, I just hope that any you have introduced to the sport has learned that wildlife deserve respect and can be enjoyed as part of angling and are not there to be slaughtered for nothing.

Still no answers I see, that really is quite rude when others have given answers to you.

Narrow minded trash that you come up with does not deserve a answer.

---------- Post added at 00:42 ---------- Previous post was at 00:38 ----------

Yes f**k off troll. Go work on your punctuation, spelling and grammar!

It is good enough for you to understand your own language is on par I see a bit short on vocabulary are you.:D

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

It is good enough for you to understand your own language is on par I see a bit short on vocabulary are you.:D

Only need the most rudimentary of language for the likes of you! :thumbs: :w

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Study the whole thread Peter, the guy is just a troll.

Would you like to explain that statement in plain English I am not up on these forum terms. I would like to know the what it means . the only troll I know is a ogre that lives under a bridge that eats goats.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would you like to explain that statement in plain English I am not up on these forum terms. I would like to know the what it means . the only troll I know is a ogre that lives under a bridge that eats goats.

Yeah, right! :wh

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, right! :wh

You seem to make a habit of making statements you cannot back up and if you think swearing is rudimentary language you are mistaken.
This has gone on long enough and serves no purpose it is no longer amusing and being amused is one of the reasons I come on here. I have learnt all I need to from this thread. good morning to you.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You seem to make a habit of making statements you cannot back up and if you think swearing is rudimentary language you are mistaken.
This has gone on long enough and serves no purpose it is no longer amusing and being amused is one of the reasons I come on here. I have learnt all I need to from this thread. good morning to you.

....and good riddance to you! :D

richiekelly

Reaction score

So narrow minded that I looked into things as far as I could BEFORE posting on this thread, you on the other hand haven't.

I looked into it because I thought it might be a method ( all be it a savage one) of getting a traditional food, it is not, the whale flesh is contaminated.

There is no reason now for this to carry on, IT CANNOT BE JUSTIFIED and you have given no justification for it other than saying "mind your own business, you have compared angling to this barbaric act which is not only wrong but I believe was posted knowing that it would cause a reaction, its the action of a troll.

In a debate both sides have points to put which are usually then questioned by the other side answers are then given and so the debate continues, you do not seem to understand this, you refuse to give answers to others in the debate while demanding answers from others with statements like "come on lets have it" the ONLY conclusion that can be drawn from your lack of answers is that you have none and continue to post on this thread because it amuses you to stir things up, your post about it being an amusing day rather confirms that you are a troll, I don't believe that you don't know what that means, perhaps you should Google it and find out.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Well I think that's enough of this forum for a while if this is the level of debate.

Benny if you don't want to read this thread then don't, why the need to let everyone know that you have had enough for a while.

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Looking further into this it appears that some of the meat/blubber is used as food.
The Faroese government recognise that the meat is contaminated and their recomendations for consumption are,

Adult--- 1 meal per month of meat/blubber of no more than 250 grms

Pregnant women--- none

Women planning to get pregnant--- none

Women who are breast feeding--- none

The liver and kidneys should not be consumed.

The first and fairly obvious point is that the number of whales slaughtered far outweighs the recommended amount that is needed for consumption. there have been cases where the slaughter has ended late in the day where the bodies have been left overnight and then discarded as they had already begun to rot.

The method of slaughter is cruel and outdated, the method being used is the same now as it was when this began, first recorded slaughter was in 1534. the Faroese government have said that all involved in the slaughter must be licenced from 2015, the requirements to obtain a licence are not mentioned, it appears that even the Faroese government are recognising the need for this slaughter to be controlled but nothing is mentioned about numbers allowed to be slaughtered.

Clearly there are more humane ways of despatching enough animals to satisfy the need of the Faroese to consume this meat, indeed the Faroese government as part of their full membership of the NAMMCO have been investigating more humane methods yet still allow the barbaric methods of slaughter being used.

It is not just Pilot Whales that are slaughtered in hundreds, other intelligent mammals such as Bottle Nosed dolphin, White Sided Atlantic dolphins and Orca's are also killed so it seems the blood lust of the Faroese knows no bounds.

The need for this meat is to me no excuse for wholesale slaughter, the need for labour does not excuse slavery.

cg74

Reaction score

I thought it was plain English but here you go anyway.
Troll: Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Care to answer my post quoted below?
(For better clarity I've also included your post)

But it is know and what you say is only your view. People in this country moan about Brussels changing our laws and some in this country think they have a right to change other states laws with no connection. Mind your own business as far as I am concerned.

(Third time of asking)
Can you give me a breakdown of what your post actually means, as apart from the usual, same old, "mind your own business" the rest is incomprehensible.

Out of curiosity does your "mind your own business" stretch both ways?
So when the Faroese people complain about the dangerous build up of toxins like mercury and PCBs in the whales bodies, all polluters should just reply: Mind Your Own Business!

Last edited:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
There is no debate Benny just someone who won't listen to anyone else, won't answer questions and then smugly proclaims that we are here for his amusement. Why should I mince my words when dealing with idiots and trolls?

Because you sent the thread off track by making some weak joke about his spelling , I know I have read it twice , till you intervened it wasn't personal.

Its the norm for you to be involved in arguments why don't you give it a break ?
Your constant attempts at points scoring and abusive posts are bad for the forum.

Cue the usual and wholly predictable responses.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Certainly rattled a few cages and got people to show their true colours and how their minds work. No different to any other forum a lot of noise but not much sensible content.:wh

richiekelly

Reaction score
Because you sent the thread off track by making some weak joke about his spelling , I know I have read it twice , till you intervened it wasn't personal.

Its the norm for you to be involved in arguments why don't you give it a break ?
Your constant attempts at points scoring and abusive posts are bad for the forum.

Benny I have no idea if this is a usual or predictable response but here goes anyway.

I think that the trouble with this thread is down to one poster, throughout the thread he has demanded answers from other posters and in the main has received them, when answers have been requested from this particular poster he has chosen to ignore them only answering with more questions and sometimes name calling (saying my views were narrow minded is an example) this kind of behaviour is bound to antagonise others as is posting that he has been kept "amused" by the thread.

Everyone is entitled to a point of view but when that point of view is so intractable as to not be prepared to listen to other points then the debate is finished, it needs 2 sides willing to debate to keep it going, it has not been the case hear.

I am aware as I believe you are that this is not the first forum where this kind of thing has happened and on one in particular perhaps it should be asked who is the common denominator in these instances.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Certainly rattled a few cages and got people to show their true colours and how their minds work. No different to any other forum a lot of noise but not much sensible content.:wh

See what I mean, I posted some facts about the whale slaughter that were easy to find but still it isn't good enough, he seems pleased to have "rattled some cages" and know how other posters minds work, I am afraid he is a troll.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Takes more than one person to have an argument Benny. Suffice to say I shall not be changing my ways or moderating my responses on advice from you!

cg74

Reaction score

"Certainly rattled a few cages"
Most definitely not mine, I've smiled my way through all your posts.

"and got people to show their true colours and how their minds work"
Well you certainly showed your colours to us all, what with your inability to answer simple questions. Yet whine like a petulant child when your questions weren't answered the way you wanted.

"not much sensible content"
What do you expect with so much input from yourself, it's not like you offered anything but belligerence and ignorance.

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

See what I mean, I posted some facts about the whale slaughter that were easy to find but still it isn't good enough, he seems pleased to have "rattled some cages" and know how other posters minds work, I am afraid he is a troll.

You've just got to laugh and move on.....

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
Perhaps you should spare a thought for the way humanity is not caring for humanity and the cruelty involved.

I do, and I will continue to defend them and their right to survival as I always have, as I would any sentient living creature, its what defines me as a caring individual.

Bystanders are not innocent; nothing changes without human intervention and nothing should!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Takes more than one person to have an argument Benny. Suffice to say I shall not be changing my ways or moderating my responses on advice from you!

Yes you and your friend Blanker have a lot to answer for a pair of keyboard bullies.

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

"Certainly rattled a few cages"
Most definitely not mine, I've smiled my way through all your posts.

"and got people to show their true colours and how their minds work"
Well you certainly showed your colours to us all, what with your inability to answer simple questions. Yet whine like a petulant child when your questions weren't answered the way you wanted.

"not much sensible content"
What do you expect with so much input from yourself, it's not like you offered anything but belligerence and ignorance.

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

You've just got to laugh and move on.....

You have hit the nail on the head there.