Horribilis

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Angling vs mammalian slaughter.

Angling is done by people with a care for the environment, and a love of fish. They are often members of clubs/organisations that protect the countryside and lobby for environmental reform. They revere catching specimens of their chosen species, handle them with care, photograph, weigh and release them, all with a big smile on their faces.

Faroe Islanders herd terrified, warm-blooded, intelligent mammals into a confined bay and then slaughter the terrified creatures with sharpened hooks which turns the sea red and increases the terror for the dolphins/whales even more. In this day and age they are not even doing it for food or subsistence.

If you can't see the difference between the two tiinker, you are either retarded or a troll or, quite possibly, both!

Yes yes heard it all before and they put their own enjoyment first under the cover of saying they care only when it suits them.

---------- Post added at 06:45 ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 ----------

Well tiinker asserts that any nation should be free to express itself however it chooses and the rest of the world should mind its own business and turn a blind eye. That's how the Holocaust happened. Merely challenging his assertions.

And who cared at the time read your history.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes yes heard it all before and they put their own enjoyment first under the cover of saying they care only when it suits them.

Doesn't "they include you too? So why are you posting on a fishing website if you disagree with angling? Or are you just a wee bit confused???

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

And who cared at the time read your history.

That's what I said idiot!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its impossible to debate with someone that doesn't listen to the other parties views or has the ability to be able to accept that they are not always right. :(

I listen to anything that has merit.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If I have missed anyone I will try not to next time around . Where you get the idea you have the right to try and stop a legal act in some one else's country is beyond me . Some of you have gone from killing whales to the second world war and the slaughter of the Jews and every other class that were involved give it a rest. What have you done recently about the slaughter of humanity going on in the world today and since the end of the last war. Answer that one, most probably nothing and your creating a stink about a few hundred whales get your priorities right humans are mammals as well you know .

richiekelly

Reaction score
I listen to anything that has merit.

But only merit in your eyes, you expect and get answers from other posters whilst not giving any answers requested of you.

You choose ignore salient points posted by others and blindly stick to a position that cannot be defended.

The slaughter of these animals is pointless, it serves no purpose, it is cruel and barbaric why cant you see that?
or are you so entrenched in trying to defend the indefensible that you cannot see what is going on?

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

If I have missed anyone I will try not to next time around . Where you get the idea you have the right to try and stop a legal act in some one else's country is beyond me . Some of you have gone from killing whales to the second world war and the slaughter of the Jews and every other class that were involved give it a rest. What have you done recently about the slaughter of humanity going on in the world today and since the end of the last war. Answer that one, most probably nothing and your creating a stink about a few hundred whales get your priorities right humans are mammals as well you know .

There you go again, wanting answers when you give none, I pity you.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The point of debate is the recognition of opposing points of view and arguing them in a reasoned way. No-one is suggesting they can end a legal act in another country but anyone has a democratic right to disagree, petition, argue and try to influence international opinion and legislation.

Your idea of debate is akin to Billy Bunter's stance of "Shan't, and you can't make me!"

You are either very infantile or a troll, but either way it's pointless trying to reason with you.

cg74

Reaction score

Here go, try and answer my post (second time around) in a reasoned and polite manner (as I have to your posts):

Can you give me a breakdown of what your post actually means, as apart from the usual, same old, "mind your own business" the rest is incomprehensible.

Out of curiosity does your "mind your own business" stretch both ways?
So when the Faroese people complain about the dangerous build up of toxins like mercury and PCBs in the whales bodies, all polluters should just reply: Mind Your Own Business!

That is a big relief.

You'll be relieved to know, I'm staying in this debate (term used loosely).

richiekelly

Reaction score
I have e mailed the Faroese government and NAMMCO asking if they will give explanation of how they justify belonging to a conservation organisation while at the same time allowing the slaughter of Pilot Whales.
I doubt I will get an answer but you never know.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have e mailed the Faroese government and NAMMCO asking if they will give explanation of how they justify belonging to a conservation organisation while at the same time allowing the slaughter of Pilot Whales.
I doubt I will get an answer but you never know.

If you don't raise your voice, it won't be heard. Too many people say "What's the point" and that's why others get away, literally, with murder.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Possibly a waste of time I know and I will probably get as many answers as posters on here get from another poster, perhaps I would have been better minding my own business :wh

daji

Reaction score
My own personal opinion on Faroese whaling, and i'm sure i will be lambasted for this, is that i would rather the event didn't take place, but i respect that other cultures have different ways and values. The original article is propaganda pure and simple.

"it’s near extinction and they get near men to play and interact In a way of PURE friendship"

"And at that time the dolphins produce a grim cry like that of a new born child But he suffers and there’s no compassion"

The article is designed to pull at heart strings. The reality, as i see it is that its a harvest of whale flesh. I do not believe that the act is carried out in a deliberate show of cruelty or primeval coming of age. I wonder how people would feel if the animal in question was an Otter or Cormorant?

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My own personal opinion on Faroese whaling, and i'm sure i will be lambasted for this, is that i would rather the event didn't take place, but i respect that other cultures have different ways and values. The original article is propaganda pure and simple.

"it’s near extinction and they get near men to play and interact In a way of PURE friendship"

"And at that time the dolphins produce a grim cry like that of a new born child But he suffers and there’s no compassion"

The article is designed to pull at heart strings. The reality, as i see it is that its a harvest of whale flesh. I do not believe that the act is carried out in a deliberate show of cruelty or primeval coming of age. I wonder how people would feel if the animal in question was an Otter or Cormorant?

Other cultures had cannibalism as a tradition and human sacrifice. Civilisation moves on and there is no good reason for the whale slaughter other than "we have always done it" People have no right behave in that manner when nowadays it amounts to a sport rather than for any reason like subsistence or survival.

daji

Reaction score
Well I guess it all comes down to an individuals ethics.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So do we, which is why we reject your peurile policy of non-interference or appeasement! You'd have been a hit in Vichy France!

Appeasement you keyboard hero your just a yes man jumping on the yes band wagon to be one of the gang.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Well that my lot for today I like Tuesday Angling times and the mail see what the rest of the angling world has been doing. A nice cup of tea and a final read then bed another great day tomorrow it has been a very amusing day today hope you found it amusing too. good night.:)

richiekelly

Reaction score

This is not a harvest of whale flesh as the Whales are contaminated with Mercury, even if it was there are more humane ways of dispatching an animal than hacking them to death. it is I am afraid no more than a "coming of age" slaughter that may at one time have been part of getting food but not now.

I take no notice of the emotional rhetoric but do take notice of what cannot be in a civilised country justified.

If it were any animal that was to be culled or taken for food I would have no problem with that as long as the animal was dispatched humanely.

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Appeasement you keyboard hero your just a yes man jumping on the yes band wagon to be one of the gang.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Well that my lot for today I like Tuesday Angling times and the mail see what the rest of the angling world has been doing. A nice cup of tea and a final read then bed another great day tomorrow it has been a very amusing day today hope you found it amusing too. good night.:)

What a splendid role model you are to any youngsters coming into the sport NOT, I just hope that any you have introduced to the sport has learned that wildlife deserve respect and can be enjoyed as part of angling and are not there to be slaughtered for nothing.

Still no answers I see, that really is quite rude when others have given answers to you.

Last edited:

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Another great day tomorrow? Here's to joining the ranks of the easily-pleased!

Last edited:

daji

Reaction score
I stand by what i said and would suggest that people look a little into the statistics and facts before jumping to conclusions based on propaganda.

At this point i think i'm going to duck out. It is all down to personal opinion and further participation will most likely lead to nothing other than bad feeling. :)

Last edited:

cg74

Reaction score

Well I guess it all comes down to an individuals ethics.

At last a balanced opinion contrary to the (vocal) majority.

Regards how I'd react if the animal in question was an otter or cormorant: Actually if they were killed in the same way, I'd say the same thing.

And trust me I'm not a bunny hugging vegetarian; in fact as a farmer and farm manager I've sent over 200,000 pigs to slaughter but and it is a big but, to the best of my knowledge all were killed swiftly.
The same can not be said of the Faroese whales.