Selby Three Lakes Fish-in

R

Ron Clay

Can I come along and fish for the roach?

Ther's some whoppers in there, as well as some big tench and bream..... :eek:)

Perhaps not... :eek:(

S

Stuart Bullard

Pssssssssss Ron, dont tell anyone, but when no one is looking I may do the same!!

D

Dave Rothery

I take the view that I'm bream and tench fishing, and sometimes catch a carp-that way i'm not dissapointed!!

B

Bob Watson

I asked the same (for the Roach) before this thread was renewed.
Can we come pleeeeease

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
You laugh girls and boys, but Ron's had the B*ll*x to email me and confirm he's coming as instructed at the beginning of this thread. Ron, You're in mate (my old rival).

With our jovial history some of these may think i'm winding them up, so can you confirm my post please Ron.

R

Ron Clay

All being well and provided it's not too expensive, I will be there.

I won't be carp fishing of course. I do not possess any gear that looks even remotely like modern carp gear.

Only a couple of dodgy pike rods and a FM Concept.

I

Ian Grant

oops! Sorry Stu i didn't read your post properly i'll confirm,By e-mail the date is there as well, i must be losing it!

C

Carp Angler

I'll have to agree with Alan's proposal and with Stuarts thinking that it would probably be best to pay for the event individually and then raise any sponsorship seperately if possible.

The cost of ?50 per head seems upon reflection as quite a good deal.
2 full days and nights fishing for ?18.
?4 to cover petrol to get the food wagon up there.
?8 for trophies.
?10 for breakie/lunch/dinner for TWO days!!!
?10 for alcohol for two days (hic)

Anyone who fishes for more than a day will realise that you'd easily spend this much on a weekends fishing, let alone having food etc thrown in as well.

Tuition will also be provided for the following
Wallis casting (A. Roe),
rigs, baits and anything else carpy (moi),
being a cockney (Cakey),
being dull (Roto)
and fending off Norweigan whaling fleets (Fatty Denise)

to mail the bloater your wishes or otherwise, then click one of the links below.....

Yes Please

No Thanks

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Hey Boys,
Lee's pestering me head, want's to know if he can come with us again?,
He's gotta be good for a swim this time!

A

andrew jackson

They can all be good swims at Selby, the fish are very mobile and can pop up in virtualy any peg. Ron you will like Selby there are some great fish to be had. I will be more than happy to lend you a Carp set up if you wish to have a dabble. Let me know if you want to take me up on this offer so I will know to pack two sets of rods alarms net e.t.c

R

Roto Fryer

im assuming its a two rod water and if it is im sure mr dennis will lend u one of his bream specials! after all he is a philanthropist!!! allegedly.
now the pertinent question who is not? also allegedly

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I would like to justify the following costs by break down but more importantly my reasons why I feel this to be the best approach. Last years event was great, but unfortunately for most of us its like going on holiday to the same place every year in that the first time was fantastic and repeat visits aren’t quite the same. So in order to make each event more special, I need to be ahead of the game. That to me means more emphasis on comfort, social and pleasure. Wrap all this up and each year should be better and better without the need to increase costs. The main difference this year is that the venue is more expensive, but the guys at Selby have a business to run and that’s fair enough in my book. They’ve knocked the cost down ?50 to donate to charity and that’s great.

To be able to come along to this event, you will need to have sent through a cheque for ?50. This will secure you you’re place and cover you for 48 hours of fishing, grub, booze trophies and of course total fun and frolics. I know some of you may only be able/want to do 24 hours and feel you should only be paying half the amount but hey, what can I say, such is life. The actual Compo will run for 24 hours, 8am-8am although 36 hours would be my preferred route, but we can look at that further down the line and of course, if all is acceptable. It’s early November and you’ve got plenty of time to negotiate with work or harder still the war office. If you really want to come, then somehow you will manage to sort the time out and I’ll look forward to welcoming you with a large port, sorry cup of tea!

Beakdown: ?50 per head
2 full days and nights fishing for ?18.
?4 to cover petrol to get the food wagon up there and cost to run.
?8 for trophies.
?10 for breakie/lunch/dinner for TWO days!!!
?10 for alcohol for two days (hic)

I’ve received loads and loads of emails from those wishing to attend asking me already where they should send the cheque, so I can only assume everyone is happy with this set-up. No doubt some will have issues in raising ?50 before Christmas etc, but please try you’re best. If this is an issue then contact me directly and we’re look to sort something else out for you by way of deposit etc. On receipt of monies/cheques I will send you sponsor forms for you to raise cash for The Second Chance Charity. For those of you who have reservations about me holding the money, then rest assured, I will be leaving the country and travelling around Mexico! No seriously, I held all monies last year so no issues there. Also be rest assured that m name is Stuart not Gypsy Dave!!

Cheque Payable to:
Mr. S. Dennis
24 The Larches
Faversham
Kent
ME137SQ

Please enclose your full name and address within the envelope. I think this has covered everything to date? If not please ask away?

R

Ron Clay

Andrew,

Thanks very much for your offer of a carp set up. Yes I would like to borrow it very much.

The ?50.00 is not too bad at all. I will send it along in the next month, ceratainly before Christmas.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Thanks Ron, but.....if you catch one, I want a picture of you kissing it! (THE CARP THAT IS)that would make a superb caption competition, what do you think......?

P

Phil Hatton

Relax Ron,I did'nt catch at Linear and the p**s take only lasted two or three hours.Piece of cake mate !