Standing out

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
With some anglers its the ears that stand out, with a head that big they most probably catch on door frames. lol.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Blummin eck - I am glad you lot are not my manager, talk about suppression and inhibition of specific qualities.

All I am saying is I believe I am proficient in baiting - whether that be on a river or stillwater. Baiting is very understated and in the main, implemented quite poorly by a lot of anglers.

If some of you want to catch more fish, you should take the blinkers off, rather than throwing snide comments.

Is not the aim of this site to learn and share from each other? We all will have a specific quality - you just need the balls to admit it!!

Ps. I don't enjoy match fishing!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You have to understand, Shaun, that, for some here, another man catching fish - at any time, now or in the far-distant past - is an indictable, virtually a capital, offence - "I ain't done it. Off with the poncy git's 'ead!".

andreagrispi

Reaction score
I think you are right Paul. Good god - if I had implemented that philosophy in life, I wouldn't have had a wonderful wife and two beautiful daughters or a successful career. If you don't believe in yourself, how can you inspire others!!!!!!

nicepix

Reaction score
I think you are right Paul. Good god - if I had implemented that philosophy in life, I wouldn't have had a wonderful wife and two beautiful daughters or a successful career. If you don't believe in yourself, how can you inspire others!!!!!!

How much pre-baiting did you have to do to achieve the two daughters? :D

bennygesserit

Reaction score
You have to understand, Shaun, that, for some here, another man catching fish - at any time, now or in the far-distant past - is an indictable, virtually a capital, offence - "I ain't done it. Off with the poncy git's 'ead!".

Paul I hesitate to say this , cos I know you will fling a load back at me, but you do seem to be locked in a deadly embrace with a few on here - me included sometimes.

Have you ever put your mind to breaking the cycle ? You could use the ignore function for instance.

I joined this forum , to get away from the constant arguing on another one and it made talking about fishing , or conservation , or football much more enjoyable than it had been.

Merry Christmas to you anyway !

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

The pre baiting stuff is interesting , obviously the conundrum is will the fish simply eat it all up get full and disappear. There must be some optimum in the middle.

I have kind of done it on a pellet waggler on a commercial for carp and it really worked then!
I'd be interested in how you translate that to a canal fishing for roach and using hemp , a watchman that I used to chat to on the bank advised no more than 6 grains of hemp every two minutes , for instance.

flightliner

Reaction score
Hi Shaun, with respect , yes, you, me , and everybody else on waters we fish "have there day" from time to time. It's how it is. But let's not kid ourselves overly much 'cos in truth take away the weed and it's pretty easy to bag up when the're having it.
Me, I'd still prefer it were a roach water.
See you bankside my friend.
Buon Natalie from Milan.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Paul I hesitate to say this , cos I know you will fling a load back at me, but you do seem to be locked in a deadly embrace with a few on here - me included sometimes.

Have you ever put your mind to breaking the cycle ? You could use the ignore function for instance.

I joined this forum , to get away from the constant arguing on another one and it made talking about fishing , or conservation , or football much more enjoyable than it had been.

Merry Christmas to you anyway !

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

The pre baiting stuff is interesting , obviously the conundrum is will the fish simply eat it all up get full and disappear. There must be some optimum in the middle.

I have kind of done it on a pellet waggler on a commercial for carp and it really worked then!
I'd be interested in how you translate that to a canal fishing for roach and using hemp , a watchman that I used to chat to on the bank advised no more than 6 grains of hemp every two minutes , for instance.

All depends on two key factors - water temperature and amount of fish in front of you. I have seen anglers with a bucket full of fish in front of them, but through their ineptness, they have either not induced the fish to feed or have put the fish on edge (spooked them). Many times, I have been able to capitalise on this and slowly drawn them into my swim - through careful baiting........this can take 5-6 hours, but I have gone home with 100lb+ to their 1-2 fish. This happens on an incredibly regular basis for it to be just luck. Flightliner has observed me from the opposite bank, as have many others. As I said - baiting is the key to unlock regular success. I get out fished maybe once a season! May sound big headed, but it's fact.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ignore? Never. For that would be a silencing of debate. We've seen much of it in Angling in the past twenty years - silencings, pointed ignorings, rewritings of the truth and record for discrete commercial, political and financial reasons, and the resulting faked-up re-jigged "history" doing nobody except its strident promoters any good at all. People who remain passive and silent get pushed about, dumped on and disappeared, both in the real world and in this funny fish-struck and gadget-obsessed thing of ours. Not good for both the individual and for the whole.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Ignore? Never. For that would be a silencing of debate. We've seen much of it in Angling in the past twenty years - silencings, pointed ignorings, rewritings of the truth and record for discrete commercial, political and financial reasons, and the resulting faked-up re-jigged "history" doing nobody except its strident promoters any good at all. People who remain passive and silent get pushed about, dumped on and disappeared, both in the real world and in this funny fish-struck and gadget-obsessed thing of ours. Not good for both the individual and for the whole.

OK find some other way to break the cycle , or lets all just admit that we quite like a bit of the old forum tennis , and in a strange way we all actually enjoy each others company :) Especially you and Nicepix what would you do without each other ? Probably get bored :)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OK find some other way to break the cycle , or lets all just admit that we quite like a bit of the old forum tennis , and in a strange way we all actually enjoy each others company :) Especially you and Nicepix what would you do without each other ? Probably get bored :)

I do NOT like forum tennis, I do NOT come here for and to win fights.

Been fishing long enough and in mostly very good company (the few bad apples I have encountered were promptly put out for the pigs and didn't like it when they suddenly found themselves out in a paddock and no longer able to meet and talk with me) to know that Angling is NOT about arguing about some perceived "enemy"'s £3.50-odd and "He said, 'e said" (virtually no women in Angling, please note) bickering and pointscoring.

Those who do come here for such stuff and who bring it to my own real world Angling, get two swift responses from me 1) an excoriating online answer, and b) a quiet walking-away by myself in the real world - I become no longer available to such people.

Someone had the brass-necked cheek to contact me the other day, asking to meet and to pick my brains about some non-guided-up Indian fishing he was soon to do. Brass-necked because only the other year here he and his mates were telling me to "Get over India, Boote" and to "Live in the real world.". I always have, fellas, including the world I predicted in a book published 22 years ago - in a chapter, "Shadow Across the Sun", with a "Hit the river Cauvery mob-handed and you will surely see all fishing banned." message. It was, in 2012. And now it appears that the same crew is desperate to find somewhere else.

"But who would know the types of water / methods / lures etc to employ?"

"Oh God! Ruddy Boote. Still, we'll try it on..."

So, no arguments in my real world, on-bank Angling career, just a very few, very quiet walkings-away from those who "just don't get it" and who never will. As for the online arguers and loons, they do us ALL a great disservice.

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
All depends on two key factors - water temperature and amount of fish in front of you. I have seen anglers with a bucket full of fish in front of them, but through their ineptness, they have either not induced the fish to feed or have put the fish on edge (spooked them). Many times, I have been able to capitalise on this and slowly drawn them into my swim - through careful baiting........this can take 5-6 hours, but I have gone home with 100lb+ to their 1-2 fish. This happens on an incredibly regular basis for it to be just luck. Flightliner has observed me from the opposite bank, as have many others. As I said - baiting is the key to unlock regular success. I get out fished maybe once a season! May sound big headed, but it's fact.[/QUOTE

Sometimes shaun baiting up is a complete waste of time , not particularly when bream fishing but on rivers theres often no need whatsoever, just for once(on account of this thread) i,ll say-- I once had 33 barbel from one tin of spam with a 15-5 best being the last fish of the day- all they saw from me was the hookbait.
Another time i had three short five hour sessions and took 34 BIG barbel totalling just short of 350 lbs on less than a pint and a half of maggots- in short i'd found the "nest" so to speak- the holy grail of an anglers dream. Baiting had very little to do with the results. Maybe other anglers failure where the second catch of barbel was concerned to see that a static bait was a danger on account of angling pressure,but a moving one-- little if never seen-- or used- was the way to go.
Maybe a good topic to expand on. ???

nicepix

Reaction score
I do NOT like forum tennis, I do NOT come here for and to win fights.

That is pretty obvious. You've not won one yet :D

Boote, I am of the opinion that you actually believe all that tosh. But, many of us don't. From my perspective you use any slight opportunity to self-flagulate and that ruins more potentially interesting threads than enough. Shaun has bravely put his head above the parapet and made claims along with some means of corroboration. You cannot help but to associate or attach yourself to his presumed success. But whereas he is willing to debate and justify his claims you never are able or willing to.

So why don't you sit this one out. Let him and anyone who is interested debate the methods he is describing and for once let an interesting thread run its course without becoming a 'Homage to Boote' that always ends in (your) tears?

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anger-management problem? Emotionally incontinent? Online Tourette's? Even at a distance of hundreds of miles, in French wine country, at Christmas.... Something deeply unhealthy and borderline pathological is going on here, I reckon - this is the above gent's 10th online season trying to hunt and bring down me.

A great disservice to this site, to proper Anglers and proper Angling, I reckon. Still, if what you want is "the real authentic fake thing" (to roughly quote the early cyber-novelist, William Gibson) and in-yer-face "Know where you live" aggression....

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Thing is Clive doesnt have that many online arguments , a couple here and there maybe , mostly he talks about fishing.
Anyway have your say and let's look forwards to an argument free new year , I suspect this is getting tedious for everyone.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thing is Clive doesnt have that many online arguments , a couple here and there maybe , mostly he talks about fishing.
Anyway have your say and let's look forwards to an argument free new year , I suspect this is getting tedious for everyone.

Anything you say, Benny. Others, however, might think otherwise, that the man has serious "form" when it comes to me, has had within a very short time of his joining the site a few years ago.

Not bigging myself up, fellas, but you could learn a lot about all sorts of fishing from a man like me, someone who has NOT done everything there is to do but who has done a good number of things, both at home and abroad, in exhaustive and exhausting depth and very very well. And this clearly sticks in the craw of a few, causing them to hit the keyboard serially sniping. Pity.