Standing out

nicepix

Reaction score
Sometimes shaun baiting up is a complete waste of time , not particularly when bream fishing but on rivers theres often no need whatsoever, just for once(on account of this thread) i,ll say-- I once had 33 barbel from one tin of spam with a 15-5 best being the last fish of the day- all they saw from me was the hookbait.
Another time i had three short five hour sessions and took 34 BIG barbel totalling just short of 350 lbs on less than a pint and a half of maggots- in short i'd found the "nest" so to speak- the holy grail of an anglers dream. Baiting had very little to do with the results. Maybe other anglers failure where the second catch of barbel was concerned to see that a static bait was a danger on account of angling pressure,but a moving one-- little if never seen-- or used- was the way to go.
Maybe a good topic to expand on. ???

I think that this may be a common scenario; barbel feeding in a certain area on ascending nymphs or a hatch of crawlers and are seduced by an angler's bait. Same with trout or grayling fishing; I've had several dozen grayling on the fly letting nature take care of the baiting program. Similarly with roach being attracted into an area to feed on ascending nymphs and being persuaded to take a hookbait of maggot or caster.

What intrigues me though is when you can't see what is in front of you. No signs of fish at all. How do you decide what and when to feed if you haven't got a hook in the water to be able to watch for bites?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Anything you say, Benny. Others, however, might think otherwise, that the man has serious "form" when it comes to me, has had within a very short time of his joining the site a few years ago.

Not bigging myself up, fellas, but you could learn a lot about all sorts of fishing from a man like me, someone who has NOT done everything there is to do but who has done a good number of things, both at home and abroad, in exhaustive and exhausting depth and very very well. And this clearly sticks in the craw of a few, causing them to hit the keyboard serially sniping. Pity.

OK any tips on feeding before fishing ?

C

chefster

shaunfox;1325509) Ps. I don't enjoy match fishing![/QUOTE said:
A quote taken from you,re last post,just as well ,cos you wouldnt be able to pick a swim solid and black with fish,you,red get battered all ends up,by anglers a lot more competent than you,and come crashing down to earth with a mighty crash,lets face it we can all hand pick a swim and bag up -piece of pi$$....but we have to keep our feet on the ground;)

nicepix

Reaction score
A quote taken from you,re last post,just as well ,cos you wouldnt be able to pick a swim solid and black with fish,you,red get battered all ends up,by anglers a lot more competent than you,and come crashing down to earth with a mighty crash,lets face it we can all hand pick a swim and bag up -piece of pi$$....but we have to keep our feet on the ground;)

Total nonsense.

nicepix

Reaction score
Why is that then?,this whole thread is a complete load of nonsense,mind you par for the course really:wh

No. Just your post.

A quote taken from you,re last post,just as well ,cos you wouldnt be able to pick a swim solid and black with fish,you,red get battered all ends up,by anglers a lot more competent than you,and come crashing down to earth with a mighty crash,lets face it we can all hand pick a swim and bag up -piece of pi$$....but we have to keep our feet on the ground

Total nonsense.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
If you think it's nonsense then you really must be lacking a few brain cells and a totally useless angler - have you actually caught anything?????

nicepix

Reaction score
So what part of it is nonsence and why??

Well for one thing you seem to think that somebody who doesn't like match fishing doesn't like it because they can't choose their swim. I don't like match fishing. I have done it and enjoyed it in the past but now don't like it. I prefer to fish when I want, for what I want to catch and without any unnecessary regulations.

The other thing that is nonsense is the implication that you can pick a swim that is full of fish and guarantee to catch them. Maybe on the types of water you fish. But not where I fish or used to fish.

C

chefster

If you think it's nonsense then you really must be lacking a few brain cells and a totally useless angler - have you actually caught anything?????[/QUOTE[/I]i have all my brain cells,i catch fish,i know how and when to feed acordingly,i dont feel the need to come on and say that i stand head and shoulders above others and try to pretend i am something that i,m not,my fishing differs from you,rs in that i fish club and open matches,no doubt you dont,which is good really as it gives other mere mortals a chance of winning.and whilst we are insulting each other i think you are a total twatting knobhead:D

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Shaun, might I suggest that next time you have a good days fishing you report it on my thread 'How did you get on'
You'll probably get a few likes......

C

chefster

Shaun, might I suggest that next time you have a good days fishing you report it on my thread 'How did you get on'
You'll probably get a few likes......

yeah you could put it under fantasy fishing,cos thats the world hes living in:w

bennygesserit

Reaction score
i dont agree I think this could have been a very interesting thread , its a valid point about when to feed and when to fish and every fishing article I ever read is about how to give yourself "the edge".

So please let no one be discouraged from sticking a thread up , I am an avid reader and so are many others that's why we are all here isn't it.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
i dont agree I think this could have been a very interesting thread , its a valid point about when to feed and when to fish and every fishing article I ever read is about how to give yourself "the edge".

So please let no one be discouraged from sticking a thread up , I am an avid reader and so are many others that's why we are all here isn't it.

Yes that's why it's called the brotherhood of the angle Benny. Don't you just love it? er, er, er.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Totally agree, I'm here to shamelessly steal ideas and experiment with them. In short, learning by coming at a problem via someone else's direction. It works. :)

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

When is Kate Adie going to appear on FM?

You just know some bu99er would demand Selina Scott.....:)

Or even Angela Rippon (for the oldies on here....)

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

When is Kate Adie going to appear on FM?

You just know some bu99er would demand Selina Scott.....:)

Or even Angela Rippon (for the oldies on here....)