When is a Fish-In....

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Absolutely Yoggy and I'm pleased FM has gained another good member in this way, in fact I recognised this possibility in my first post.

But I do think this is the exception to the rule.

Like Baz, I am not going to name names, so to speak, but I can remember quite a number of people who turn up at such events and they are never to be seen again, and whilst no trouble or problems were caused, they have either won a match and the prize(s) on offer, or they have taken the place that another member could have taken.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I wasn't insinuating that you were a potential troublemaker Ron. I only wanted to give you the opertunity to validate your innocence.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

In front of who?

Are you the sole adjudicater and judge of any innocence I may possess?

Baz, you are a nobody - go away!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Is this what happens when I give somebody the opertunity to explain themselves?

Ron.
I would like you to know I do not take exception to your reply. I have had training in public relations, and I want you to know that I understand your manner.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Training in public relations?

What with, the Waffen SS?

And learn to spell.

L

Les Clark

LoL ,That bang on the bonce didn`t do any harm Baz but there again ,it didn`t do you any good , still an upstart !

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

And the bad news is Les that I am getting better.
The good news is, that the worst is to come. (o

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Seriously though,
Going back to the thread, there is a danger lurking whithin.

Beecy

Reaction score
if fish-ins are to be for forum 'regulars' only, who will decide when a poster has reached 'regular' status ? and what criteria will the decision be based on?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
"Going back to the thread, there is a danger lurking whithin."

Baz, please enlighten me. What is the danger you see lurking within?

For my part, I've just returned from a superb FM day out where a couple of members brought their wives/partners. Those "non members" contributed a lot to the day, not least of which was helping raise ?250 for The ACA.

F

Frothey

i agree malc, maybe when theres limited spaces "members" should have priority over "mates"....and that members shouldnt count people joined in the last 5 minutes!

captain carrott

Reaction score
i'd agree with what frothey says there, but how often do we really have a fishin which has limited spaces available, other than the blue pool ones i can't think of any.

certainly the river ones tend to have more space than people who want to go.

S

Scott Whatmore

What a strange thread this is.. I thought fish-in's were for us to get together to meet, perhaps for the 1st time or to renew old friendships. Oh, and to do a bit of fishing!

If the organiser of the meet ok's a member to bring along a pal or their wife and kids. then thats it. If you are not happy to meet someone's friends or family, then you don't have to go.

You could organise your own get together for you and a select few if you wish, but if not open to all members, it shouldnt be on any of these forums.

Just because someone does not regularly post on the site does not mean they shouldn't be allowed to attend get togethers. We were all new to FM at some stage, how would we have felt if we'd be shunned because we were newby's

Its this sort of attitude that puts people off.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
I don't blame you for not wanting to read the whole thread Scott, and you clearly haven't!

S

Scott Whatmore

Actually, I have read it and I stand by what I've said.

It's my opinion and if you dont agree with it, don't!

Malc Bason

Reaction score
..........and I respect your opinion Scott.

But, where is the line to be drawn?

It would never really be a problem if someone took along his/her spouse or child, to meet friend old and new, but as I keep saying, its mates, and mates of mates that are included right from the off that I think causes or at least can cause the problem.

S

Scott Whatmore

Only the organiser can draw the line if they want to, and then we decide if we want to go.

I don't know of any problems at fish-in's since I've been a member and yesterday's one at Gold Valley was the 1st I have been to. It was such a pleasure to meet the everyone there that I can't wait for the next one.

I don't know who'll be at the next one but one thing is for sure, I'm not going to not go just because of something that may or may not happen. For me, life's too short for that.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
"Only the organiser can draw the line if they want to"

No - if its organised through Fishing Magic, then Graham, as far as I'm concerned, has the final say!

"I don't know who'll be at the next one but one thing is for sure, I'm not going to not go just because of something that may or may not happen. For me, life's too short for that."

What you are saying here is totally irrelevant Scott, and this proves the point that you have not read what I have said previously!

You are right about one thing - life IS too short to worry about such things, but again, as I have said before - I'm not worried about it, I just get bloody annoyed!

Malc Bason

Reaction score
All that needs to be done, is that when a FM officially sanctioned fish-in is organised (and yes, I think each one should be) then members/postees put their names down on the list. If a venue is exclusively booked, and there is room for 30 attendees, but only 25 members put their names down, then, and only then can friends be added to the list to make the numbers up.

What is wrong with that?

Graham, as editor of this site, then makes the decision whether to allow or not any individuals' name on the list.