NFA Conference 2004

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Jeff, like Phil you speak from your rear end.

Tim Marks ('the academic') will get up at Conference come the weekend and spout his piece representing 'The Gudgeon Society' and then get a rocket straight up his backside which will wipe his usual smug smile off his face!

Jeff, I seem to remember having to edit your letters to Coarse Fisherman because you can't count up to 500!

Phil, if you had one single brain cell, and knew what has gone on within the NFA in recent years, then you would know that I have been one of the main movers for CHANGE within the Federation.

I have also been their fiercest critic when they get it wrong but will also sing their praise long and loud when they get it right.

Clearly tossers like you just want to put everyone down unless they are members of the SAA.

Funny that the SAA are currently fully paid-up members of the NFA?

The trouble is that you have so much 'crap' (a word you seem to like to use) between your ears, you don't even know where the toilet roll is!

I can tell you the toilet is where you belong ... head first!

If you knew anything about the NFA (and me) you would know that the Federation is not just about running matches, but then you have obviously never taken the trouble to find out anything about your Governing Body for Freshwater Angling?

Too much sh#t clogging up you brains (sorry I forgot you haven't got one) I meant the thing stuck on your shoulders.

I notice Mr.Hackett that you chose not to reply to my earlier posting on this thread probably because you had been shot down in flames and have no argument.

Prove me wrong?

Can't, can you?

Jeff, "4,000 members in the NFA"?
"Dragged in"?
Go back to the drawing board and see what else you can come up with that is even more ludicrous.

I do not work for Coarse Fisherman ... fact.

Your letters in the past to CF were not funny, just long and boring ... fact.

Facts are something that very few on this site deal in ... so it would seem?

Have fun!

T

Terry Comerford

Hi Monk, tired?
I am beginning to see why more than 85% of the anglers in this country don't belong to the NFA.

W

Wolfman Woody

Well with arrogant t**ts like him ruinning it I will NOT be joining. Time to wring him out perhaps.

And that will be one less reader that CF has this summer.

J

jason fisher

well chaps thats the face of our supposedly representative body

T

The Monk

sorry Terry, quite rude of me

Yaaaaaaawwwnnn

OOOooops there I go again

J

jason fisher

and if this bunch of completely unprofessional politicians can make that much of a mess of them in such short a time what chance is there with the professional ones.
as i said before oh dear we've lost already.
the one good thing that may come out of these 2 motions is that just possibly they will be passed, then the NFA will pull out of the representative roll and some other body more suited to the job will step in and do something useful

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Nothing like standing for your convictions though, and John definately does that, I for 1 have learnt a few things by reading through the threads!!!

I'm surprised the SAA haven't shown up, and a few others come to think of it.

N

Nick Austin 2

BLOODY ELL MUNKEY!...Are you really those other people too?..

I read CF!.. and i didn't even realise MOLE was a real person....(?WINK?)

As a "layman" in all this, it seams to me that a lot of the organisations are more concerned with arguing about the size of their members than they are concerned with representing Angling... maybe i'm speaking out of turn, but many of us just want to go fishing, protect our enviroinment and our right to fish etc,.... not get caught up in a load of personal name calling and the like.

I always wonder why ANGLING cant sort itself out... now i know.

Martain Salter is my Local MP, by the Way, and he's a very nice man.

Seems to me we need to wind up all the out of date angling associations and form a new modern society that reperesents the man on the street?

W

Wolfman Woody

:eek:) You have it in one Nick.

Now, which Chinese have you in mind and do they do nice ribs?

F

Frothey

flippin 'eck. only just read this...must agree

yyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn

and john, you really must change the pseudonym you post under, tim p. writes decent articles and isnt a complete tw*t, dont dishonour the name.

god, i'm lowering myself to your level now, cant construct a decent arguement, so lower myself to personal insults....mines wine induced though. in vino veritas...

P

Phil Hackett 2

Personal insults and name calling doesn't pass for an argument in my book. As for being shot down in flames, come the day, come the hour and someone will burn and it's unlikely to be Tim my fellow academic. You just ain’t good enough!

As for NFA being my national body, has hell frozen over?

Oh and what's the NFA official view on livebaiting?

What's it doing on Otters?

When's it going to write it own code of conduct and not want to plagiarise someone else’s work and pass it off with it’s name on it?

What's it doing on endocrine disrupters?

And so the list goes on, and on and on…………..

And as for MP Carborn you really need to read some of your own threads elsewhere on this site, as your so-called argument is inconsistent.

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Jeff, As I have said before, but clearly your dense head can't get to grips with things, I do not have any part whatsoever in the day-to-day running of the NFA and I don't work for Coarse Fisherman.

One good thing that's come out of this is that CF readers won't have to put up with reading your long and boring letters this summer.

The two NoMs probably won't go through. The idea was to debate our position but obviously nobody on here can work that one out.

Should either be passed at Conference then both the NFSA and S&TA will pull out with immediate effect (fact) and then Tim Marks and his 'Gudgeon Society' can run angling?

Nick, the whole idea is to wind up all the different bodies and create one organisation to represent ALL anglers but there is a price to be paid.

One, the gravy train pulls into the station for the very last time and all the 'jobs for the boys, get scrapped.

Two, ALL anglers will have to pay to put that one body in place, and the only way that can be done, as it is in Europe, is through the Rod Licence.

NO PAY NO SAY!

It's not rocket science.

Have you had a day's fishing with Martin yet Nick?

He can fish a bit and is great company, so there must be something wrong here, as he has spent many, many hours on the bank with me!

Phil, haven't you got any other tune to sing or is the needle stuck yet again?

Tell me, what have YOU done for the sport of angling?

Can you write that list out please sh#t-head!

F

Frothey

Much better, only 2 insults, and only 1 swear word!. nearly there. maybe you've been reading the dictionary you were sending jeff, or got a theasaurus for nicer alternatives?

just wondering jw, was it you that put that post up about paying for/publishing photo's of catches by non famous anglers?

Matthew Black

Reaction score
I wouldn't do too much 'wondering' Frothey if I were you as it's not healthy for the already brain dead.

Jeff Woodhouse will vouch for that but unfortunately Phil Hackett cannot as he hasn't got one ... that particular cavity is full of crap!

Only two days to go before the 'Gudgeon Society' gets it in the neck ... thank God!

J

John Hepworth

The NAFAC, S&TA, NAA, SAA, Gudgeon Soc etc etc all want the same thing for their members and supporters; to be able to fish in healthy waters, for healthy and thriving fish stocks, and in the manner and fashion they choose. From what I have gathered over the years all match groups and the NFA ever want is an equal chance to fish for points and ??’s. Many don’t give a toss about the fishery or the quality of fishing, if it’s equally crap for all that’s fine. In this current climate of commercial fisheries, where on some it’s the anglers bait that actually keep the fish alive, many don’t give a damn about the environment just as long as they are picking up the coin, and on some fisheries that is day after day.
If there is one point that the ANTIS can get at angling on it has to be the filling of holes in the ground with water and fish with the sole intention that anglers can take them out again, almost as fast as they go in.
I am not anti commercial fisheries, just the way in which some are run.

W

Wolfman Woody

Where did you obtain your diplomacy skills, Wrighty? The Saddam Hussain Distance Learning School?

You're a pompous arrogant narrow minded little cretin who couldn't hold a debate to save his life. And the reason I will not be renewing my subscription to CF is simply because there's too much utter garbage in it written by you. You must have drowned what sense of humour and humility you were ever born with when you became an evil-minded little gobshite.

And I hope I speak for most on this site!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Now boys, behave!

Don't know about diplomacy skills, but it sounds just like the house of commons to me! This is normal isn't it?

Order! Order!

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry Graham, but even in the Commons they say "the Honourable member.." or "My Honourabe friend...".

Nothing honourable about that piece of dogs..... .....

Sorry, sorry.