Do Fish Feel Pain?

yogi224

Reaction score
I think I might have a definitve answer to that one at least... ;)

stock-illustration-10363111-funny-carrot-holding-a-sign_zps62f4c587.jpg
now thats funny ;)

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

I cant let that go with all the grief you gave me. Yes it is hypocritical..VERY hypocritical. You not the only one...another poster...the one who swears allot, throws personal insults and childish jibes also said this.

Care to expand on it ? ...why is livebaiting out for you if fish "dont feel pain" ?
ALL the grief i gave you lmao :eek:mg: i dont live bait cause i dont like it, nothing to do with fish feeling pain. i know people that would use a 1lb roach as a livey, to a roach angler that is a 20lb carp. same as i would not put an eagle owl with a 4ft wingspan in an aviary 4ft square, nothing illegal in it (unless the laws have changed) not because it will cause the owl pain or even cause it stress, i just dont agree with it.

Philip

Reaction score
now thats funny ;)

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

ALL the grief i gave you lmao :eek:mg: i dont live bait cause i dont like it, nothing to do with fish feeling pain. i know people that would use a 1lb roach as a livey, to a roach angler that is a 20lb carp. same as i would not put an eagle owl with a 4ft wingspan in an aviary 4ft square, nothing illegal in it (unless the laws have changed) not because it will cause the owl pain or even cause it stress, i just dont agree with it.

SO basically you cant explain it because it makes no sense. The bottom line is you want it both ways....like allot of others on this thread.

Anyway, it looks like the thread is drawing to a close anyway as the usual suspect(..s) begin to jump in with the awfully funny gags. So i'll leave it there until someone posts something worthwhile.

Last edited:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Ok no hard feelings lads mostly the topic was debated in good spirit , its such a shame that a lot of scientific literature is so innaccesible. If I come across something that summarises without the chore of any heavy reading I'll post it here.

yogi224

Reaction score
SO basically you cant explain it because it makes no sense. The bottom line is you want it both ways....like allot of others on this thread.

Anyway, it looks like the thread is drawing to a close anyway as the usual suspect(..s) begin to jump in with the awfully funny gags. So i'll leave it there until someone posts something worthwhile.
:eek:mg::eek:mg: i have explained it lmfao, and you wonder why someone lost it and had a pop at you ffs

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Philip said:
I cant let that go with all the grief you gave me. Yes it is hypocritical..VERY hypocritical. You not the only one...another poster...the one who swears allot, throws personal insults and childish jibes also said this.
Ah but my version was not hypocritical, I said that to livebait you have to stick your hooks, normally, through vital organs, and that's what I don't like doing. Got nothing to do with pain and in most cases deadbaits fish better than lives for pike. Read properly please and inwardly digest before making a complete fool of yourself. :p

(PS Only way I can see your post is because you post such daft stuff other members keep quoting you so I can copy it from their post. Otherwise you're invisible to me, thankfully!)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Jerry , blanker don't read it then , if Tinker and I were in a pub you wouldn't lean across and say sorry mate your conversation is boring, just don't read it.

Oi, stop picking on me Benny just because I liked a comment:D, I’ve stated all I wish to in the earlier pages of the thread, IMO fish do not feel pain,do not suffer from stress and don't give a to$$ one way or another. I do my bit like any other caring angler and I'm comfortable with the end result – unlike you and another who are happy to carry on with different beliefs.
Jerry
PS I’m now putting this thread on ignore;)

Philip

Reaction score
Read properly please and inwardly digest before making a complete fool of yourself.

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

I said that to livebait you have to stick your hooks, normally, through vital organs, and that's what I don't like doing. Got nothing to do with pain

---------- Post added at 07:43 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

I don't generally use livebaits based on no other reason than for reasonable hooking properties you have to go through soft muscle tissue or nerves close to the lateral line and that could cause some stress or distress

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

---------- Post added at 07:34 ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 ----------

I don't generally use livebaits based on no other reason than for reasonable hooking properties you have to go through soft muscle tissue or nerves close to the lateral line and that could cause some stress or distress[/quote]

It looks like you have well and truely gone and shot yourself in the foot as far as this post anyway .I only hope you have learnt something constuctive from it. Perhaps a good read of How to make friends and influence people is called for Philip.

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Perhaps a good read of How to make friends and influence people is called for Philip.

And once again, its strange you direct that comment only at me. I have tried to debate hard but fair throughout. I have tried not to desend to continual personal insults, endless swearing and childish jibes.

Differing in opinion on the subject matter is a separate thing.

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And once again, its strange you direct that comment only at me. I have tried to debate hard but fair throughout. I have tried not to desend to continual personal insults, endless swearing and childish jibes.

Differing in opinion on the subject matter is a separate thing.

But to what end you have been just as sarcastic as anyone at times and at the end of the day what have you achieved, very little other than to alianate yourself.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Oi, stop picking on me Benny just because I liked a comment:D, I’ve stated all I wish to in the earlier pages of the thread, IMO fish do not feel pain,do not suffer from stress and don't give a to$$ one way or another. I do my bit like any other caring angler and I'm comfortable with the end result – unlike you and another who are happy to carry on with different beliefs.
Jerry
PS I’m now putting this thread on ignore;)

Jerry can you do that with a thread ?