Lower itchen fishery - fm fish’in 2014

mick b

Reaction score
Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please be aware that the arch of the Mill through which you access the car parking area is under repair and has its entrance considerably narrowed by scaffolding so take care.

Yesterday a few nice Grayling over a couple of hours.
Spotties noticeable by their absence :confused:

Been raining steadily here for the last couple of hours and my Test invite has washed out :eek:mg:
(Thank you for your sympathy :rolleyes:)

aebitim

Reaction score
Is it waders, wellies or boots to get along the banks Mick?

aebitim

Reaction score
You certainly won't need waders unless you intend to jump in..

Boots or wellies then, though not sure I shouldnt bring the gooner stay dry wading through muck stuff, just in case, etc etc

mick b

Reaction score
Is it waders, wellies or boots to get along the banks Mick?

Hi Tim,
Wellington boots will do nicely, we have nicely mown paths and sedate bankside reedbeds, certainly nothing that requires waders.

Certainly I advise windproof gear as it can blow a bit, the airport wasn't built alongside for nothing.
If it blows long-trotting some of the sections will certainly sort the men from the boys, then perhaps fish under your rod top and save time re-winding or making a fool of yourself trying to do the Wallis with a 3xNo4 stick :D

Whatever the weather Im certain it will be a good day for all and everyone should catch some goodish fish, if not Im sure the catchers will help any strugglers.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
You certainly won't need waders unless you intend to jump in..

He will need waders. How else am i going to get my 308 Plummet back :D

Tim,

If you don't want to get your boots dirty :eek:mg:, (what else are they for) you can use my Canoe ;):wh

Fingers crossed those Trout stay Absent

aebitim

Reaction score
He will need waders. How else am i going to get my 308 Plummet back :D

Tim,

If you don't want to get your boots dirty :eek:mg:, (what else are they for) you can use my Canoe ;):wh

Fingers crossed those Trout stay Absent

It has crossed my mind to bring my tinny, if the river aint fishing Im sure Mick can put me on the bass, though not fishing the Test cos its raining . . . which is where the waders . . .

nicepix

Reaction score
I hear the Paper your presenting is, 20 ways to nick Hub Caps :D:eek:mg:

They don't nick hub caps these days. There's no demand for them other than Wiganers who still use them as pie dishes. Scallies have moved onto nicking allys these days. They used to leave the car on a pile of bricks, but since Liverpool was named as a city of culture burglaries of libraries increased tenfold and they now leave cars on a pile of books.