Lower itchen fishery - fm fish’in 2014

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
They don't nick hub caps these days. There's no demand for them other than Wiganers who still use them as pie dishes. Scallies have moved onto nicking allys these days. They used to leave the car on a pile of bricks, but since Liverpool was named as a city of culture burglaries of libraries increased tenfold and they now leave cars on a pile of books.

There are plenty of books out there whose authors might actually be able to claim to be providing a public service should they be used in this way.

Equally, plenty of books for which this would be the best possible use. :)

greenie62

Reaction score
They don't nick hub caps these days. There's no demand for them other than Wiganers who still use them as pie dishes....
Wrong again NP,
They use them for serving-up Wigan Pizza - an opened up 'tatie n mate' pie, covered in tomato sauce, topped with cheesey chips! :eek: Sorry if any readers are trying to eat their lunch whilst reading this! :puke::eek:

Also - nobody needs to nick hub caps these days, the authorities supply them for free - there are always a few lying on the roadside near those traffic-calming lumps - 'sleeping policeman'. Hope you are getting plenty of rest Clive! ;):rolleyes:

nicepix

Reaction score
There are plenty of books out there whose authors might actually be able to claim to be providing a public service should they be used in this way.

Equally, plenty of books for which this would be the best possible use. :)

Mine is definitely one of those. You can pick up a copy when you are in Manchester......

Insider's Guide to Buying a Car by Robinson, Bill: Robert Hale, London 9780709063933 Soft cover - Sharston Books

Also available at all good charity shops. Or so I'm told :D

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if Jerry has left home and on his way to recce the Fish-in ?? I've heard large quantities of maggots on order at a tackle shop west of London.....The lengths some folk will go to land a new PB chub....

Hope it's a great day for all those involved !!

Look forward to the pics and reports ...

edsurf

Reaction score
Any News on river levels etc , was going to have a little practise on the Stour tomorrow but its right up and like chocolate with more rain forecast before the weekend, fingers crossed for Sunday.

cheers

Ed

mick b

Reaction score
Any News on river levels etc , was going to have a little practise on the Stour tomorrow but its right up and like chocolate with more rain forecast before the weekend, fingers crossed for Sunday.

cheers

Ed

The Itchen can rise v quickly but can also drop almost as fast, loosing its colour may take a day more but its rarely unfishable and if it is its too dangerous to be on the banks anyway and the fishery will be closed.

As promised I will check it several in times over the next few days and post info before you go.

Please note that its the time of year for clearing down the banks so its best to keep an eye upstream to spot any debris that just might coming down.

Vittals
A decent eatery is available just up the hill in the Garden Centre, Costa Coffee and cooked Take-Away in the garage shop 100m further on just over the round-a-bout and a Tescos a little further along.

The Swan, 100m downstream of the Mill, reopened in May post flood and is well worth a visit, self-serve carvery and Ringwood Best, plus you can feed the Chub off the decking, how better to end your day:D

Last edited:

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Only one more day to go and the weather down here today and tomorrow should give the river chance to fine down. Sunday unfortunately sees it raining again but with very light winds hopefully the fishing will be bang on.

The trouble I have with this fishery is not knowing which species to target, there's so many to choose from. Still bread and maggot covers most.

Safe driving to all especially those of you with more than a few miles to do, and we look forward to meeting up with you during the day.

Rog & Jimmy

mick b

Reaction score
Good evening all,
20.00 Just back from the river and a pint at the Swan.

Last night we had constant rain and it only stopped around 10 today (Friday) since then the sun has shone almost until sunset.

The river is up about 10" and quite muddy, a bit pacey but not unfishable by any means with little debris coming down.
No anglers fishing the Free tonight which says it all.

The glass has been steady all today and the forecast is for a dry Saturday and Sunday so I fully expect the river to drop a few inches and be fining down quite nicely around midday of your visit.

A word of warning however, the Ringwood Best in the Swan is NOT recommended, seems their cellar isn't keeping it correctly and my offering went back without me risking a sip :eek:

edsurf

Reaction score
Good news on the river , bad news on the beer. Ringwood best is a canny pint if looked after.

Thanks for the info Mick

Ed

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Good news on the river , bad news on the beer. Ringwood best is a canny pint if looked after.

Thanks for the info Mick

Ed

Thats just it ED, Mick likes his Ringwood pulled just right, Not out of a Canny :eek:mg: Sorry.

Canoes packed and ready, :wh:rolleyes::D:eek::eek:mg::) see you Sunday lads.

308 Plummets ready also Jerry

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Remind me please.......what time are we meeting on Sunday ?

We are meeting at 7 am this Sunday thats Sunday the 23rd to you ;):).

See you there Skippy, you and Phil stoping for Breakfast on the way down ??

Fleet services ??

If so I will see you there.